Friday, September 7, 2007

MARGARITAVILLE

Oh sweet mystery of life..................he blew out his flip-flop.    I got tired of waiting for Doc. I told him I would be at the Cole Haun store down the street. I love shoe stores. The nice ones let you sit and rest. When Doc arrived I told him there were GREAT shoes for him to try. He scoffed................."How much are they" he muttered. I told them they were $29.00.  He is locked into the $19.99 mode but he knows times are a changin'  so............he tried them on. I let the young sales woman know what I had done. He has bad feet too, so he said, "heck, I'll take three pair, AFTER he had strutted all over the store.  We couldn't help but laugh.  After he proclaimed they were the best shoes he had ever had tried on, I told him how much they really cost and then excused myself to go to the restroom.   When I came out he had purchased 3 pair.   Miracles do indeed exist.   STILL crazy after 38 years!       

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny!  You're such a card!!  He obviously hasn't been shopping in quite some time!!  LOL.  Hmmm, I think I'll try that one on Tom -- if I can ever get him in the store!  Hope you've had a wonderful Friday.  By the way, did I ever thank you for introducing me to this new addiction?  tee hee!  Love ya!  Linda  

Anonymous said...

At least he didn't step on a pop-top!

I have to make note of this. I'm looking to buy a couple of pairs of shoes that won't feel as though they are eating my feet. I'm gonna check it out, I just found a store in my area!

LOL two sales because of you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!  
They must have been great shoes if he bought them even after you told him the real price!
Lori

Anonymous said...

You would HATE shopping with me.  I am like a four year old screaming "I'm bored!!" after longer than 10 minutes in any store or mall.  

(Borders is a different story)

;)

honkies,
Russ

Anonymous said...

LOL. Men! They do get stuck in their ways, and when you pry them out the4 seem toreverse at warp speed and go overboard in an opposite direction. I'm glad he has good shoes. Margo

Anonymous said...

Not much is worse than foot pain! Glad he decided the comfort is worth the price!! :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Gawd.....I hope you bought those socks for the shoe-trying-on and that he wasn't walkin' round like that, shorts and knee socks....hello  70's.

Anonymous said...

Men are so somthing else again aren't they?  Ernie would do the same thing.  Swear he didn't need or want a certain thing, then "buy" the first thing he tried on - in multiples!  

Anonymous said...

Doc's like me, except for the shorts and the knee socks. I do, however, have the same, strikingly handsome, pale white legs, which is the reason I don't wear shorts.

All in all, we think alike ! Shopping is a pain in the arse and when I go, I do the same thing. I buy three pair of the same shoes and I don't have to shop again for a couple of years.

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

I was going to email about where I could find good shoes for 30 bucks ;-). Via Spiga's never seem to be on sale. Can we work on the sock store next?  ~Mary

Anonymous said...

then I excused myself to go to the restroom.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Cute story! :)  Love the pic!

Hugs
jackie