AUTUMN is here? It has been around 90 degrees for 3 days now. After a brief reprieve, it has gotten hot again. We went to the Plaza Art Fair yesterday. I wore white, had a fan, and still burnt up. I used to enjoy the Plaza art fair. There was one booth that had art for around $100.00, all other booths were extremely expensive.
I know art is objective AND can be expensive but I didn't see too many sold signs on these pieces. The one both I did like was a photographer who took photos of horses............extreme close ups, You were able to see the eyes up close (loved the eyelashes) or you could see the hind end of a horse. I thought that was pretty funny.
The other person that I liked was a potter. He won the grand prize. His pieces were all under a thousand dollars. All were extremely well done and different from anything I have ever seen.
They promise cooler weather with rain coming in tomorrow. I hope so. This weather has sucked the life out of Luke, the Wonder Dog and me.
In the meantime, enjoy the pictures I took of my kitchen. It's my fall theme.

9 comments:
My fall theme is one little gourd sitting on a counter in the kitchen. A work in progress or perhaps I just bought one little gourd & then said the heck with it! I like your theme much better. ~Mary
Wow, you really decorate! I really like your glass pumpkins. Oh, my, you wore white after Labor Day?!!! Just kidding. That is hot for your part of the country isn't it? It's been high 80's and muggy here because it's raining nearly every day. I will be glad when it cools down and the humidity drops. Probably later in October. Seasons? What seasons? sigh...... Hugs to you! Linda
I do hope that rain comes through tomorrow. My grass is starting to look a little too brown for the first part of Fall!
Lori
It's supposed to be 20 degrees cooler tomorrow (crossing fingers)
Russ
Fall! I am holdin on to the breaks to keep a little of summer here still. Bah humbug to punkins an fall. Away with them I say.
Wow ! Nice job...my ex-wife did things like that. Poor Doc, did he have to help? Anyway, it's a fine job and very pretty. One of those pumkin faces seem familiar to me for some reason, I just can't remember which bar it was.
Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/
Nice decorating, Anne! Also Happy Birthday in advance :-)
xoxo
I love art fairs. We went to one in Bakersfield once and I found a booth by a woman who paints old fashioned pictures of Indian/Hispanic children. I HAD to have the one of a young girl, head over the barrel tub, having her hair rinsed off with a pitcher. I wish I could have afforded more of them - or could go back again for seconds. Your pumpkins are truly amazing and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Paulette
Our weather here in Cali has finally cooled down! It's only 64 degrees and windy.. and I'm lovin' it! lol Hey that's a really cool fall day for Southern California! lol
Love your fall theme, and the pictures really did it justice!
Hugs
jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/
Post a Comment