IT'S OFFICIAL. I have been celebrating for days. I have had deserts, some flown in from other parts of the country and red meat for 2 days in a row. Jill cooked for Shelly and me. Shelly's birthday is the day before mine.We have a birthday tiara that the three of us wear on our birthdays. My favorite quote of the night was from Shelly. She put the crown on me and said, "You know, you look good in a crown!" I did a spit take on that one. We may have awakened the neighborhood with our laughter. The cosmos were a hit too. Jill is a fablous chef.
DOC took me out to Capitol Grill for a nice steak. We have eaten there before and know that the portions are huge and we split a wonderful heirloom tomato salad with aged balsamic vinaigrette and steak. I have enclosed a picture that took of me when they brought out a decadent flourless chocolate cake with raspberries. OH MY~they know how to treat a girl!! Doc even had champagne waiting for us when we arrived. I took some pictures of us last night. I even have a couple of the bathroom it was so pretty. They say you can judge a restaurant by it's restroom. If that is true they have a spotless kitchen.
ALL in all it's been a wonderful celebration. I never really enjoyed my birthday much before. Seems like ragweed season is always in full bloom and I am usually not feeling well. This year it's different. I am celebrating LIFE. My life! I am celebrating how lucky I am to have my family and my girlfriends.................AND my journals friends.
THANK you all for stopping by from time to time and leaving comments and letting me get to know YOU by your journal entries. As Ralph Kramden once said, "YOU'RE THE GREATEST!"

25 comments:
You're OFFICIALLY a wonderful woman and friend! Happy Birthday!
Honks,
Russ
Toonguy said to say Happy Birthday to you so I always do what I'm told. Well almost always. It sounds as if you have already had that happy birthday so I'm here to wish you many many more. Paula
gah gha hga ahg, (clearing throat)
(warbling)
HhhhHHHappPPee BirthDAY to YOU
Happy birthday to YOU
HAPpy BirthDay To YOUuuu
Happy birthday to YOU!
happy birthday to ya, anne-dear
grins, debra
Popped over from Russe's J......... Happy Birthday Anne!
Gaz xx :-)
Happy birthday to you!
Happy Birthday Ann!!!!!!
Lyn
Happy Birthday! Linda
I was sent by Russ, to wish you a Happy Birthday :) So.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Estela
Stopped in to say HAPPY BRTHDAY!
Russ sent me over, says you're a KC girl...?...I live in a suburb, Liberty! Altho a TX gal by heart. :)
Have a great BD.
Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/
Hi! I found you through Russ. I heard it's your birthday and came by to wish you a happy one. I'm 45 and as the years go by I seem to celebrate less and less. Recently I decided that for 50 I'm going to do something awesome. I figure with 5 years to plan it, it should be a blast.
Loved the pictures. Thank you for posting.
MJ
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! may you have many many more! and indeed celebrate your life you're a gift to the world and all of us here at J-land hugz~kbear
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ms. Anne!!
Hope it a wonderful, special day...
Nancy
Happy Birthday! Looks like your day (o.k. several days <LOL>) Rocked!
Hi there I came over by way of Russ pleased to meet you Ann."Happy Birthday" I hope it is wonderful for you.I have just come back from the states and went by Arizona Way on my travels.Loved it read you do too.CHEERS have a great Sunday.Loved Russ's cartoon of you Whoo-Hoo !!Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES
Hey Anne!
Happy Birthday! Love the pictures, and you look absolutely beautiful!
Been away from the internet for a while, and I'm so glad to be back!
Sending you much love!
Connie
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! I don't know what the deal is -- I never got a notice from AOL about your entry. Hmmm, I hear that's becoming quite a problems. I'm so glad you've had a great birthday. You really know how to celebrate!! I look to the day that maybe we can get together. Hugs, Linda
Nonstop partying, tiaras, steaks & extra rich chocolate cake. I'm in! Hope you had the happiest of birthdays. ~Mary
Well Damn....I came back just in time. Happy Birthday!!!!!! I am glad you were born!
Tressa
PS I'm back!
Russ sent me... Happy Birthday!
d
Happy birthday! What a wonderful celebration you had. :) ~Sie
I love Capitol Grill! Yum!! Did you have a pineapple martini? Two of those, and I can barely stand up! What wonderful celebrations you had!
Happy Birthday to you Anne - a very fine woman, a good friend, and a lovely all around person! I am very glad to have met you :-)
xoxo
And....a belated (and off-key) Happy Birthday to YOUU, Happy Birthday to YOU, Happy Birthday Dear Anne, Happy Birthday to YOUUUUU" and many more! The celebrations sound fabulous. I thinkl "50" was the only birthday to hit me like a ton of bricks. Those before, and since, were a piece of cake. Glad you and your Birthday Friends all had a good time. Paulette
Wow! I'm admittedly envious. All I ever get for MY birthday is a medium-sized blizzard from Dairy Queen. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Jon
Happy Birthday!! Sorry it's belated, but it comes from the heart! Sounds like you had a great time! You deserve to be treated like a princess every day, but especially on your birthday!
Hugs
jackie
Anne
Seems I arrived a little late for this party, but Happy Birthday! I Celebrated one very close to this day, too. We don't get older ... we just get better! (I hope!) Looks like you had a great time. You deserve it!
Sam
Post a Comment