We arrived in Arizona on Friday night. It was good to get here and make ourselves at home. Luke, The Wonder Dog made the trip, but it was hard for him. He was as glad as we were to arrive safe and sound. Luke, is a lab/shepard mix with ecru, Champaign, beige and a touch of white hair. Do you know what the two people in the front seat dressed in black looked like? We looked like we had been rolled in coconut. Luke, on the other hand was refreshed from a 2 day nap, having the whole back end of a van to himself.
We missed the bad weather in Kansas and Texas by mere hours. Having commented on how warm it was in Amarillo, TX, compared to previous years, they were hit by terrible weather and an 80 car pile-up.
After taking Luke to the Vet and getting groceries, I've spent my time, resting, sleeping, dreaming, eating, walking Luke, reading......2 books, so far, watching a couple of movies and listening to a GREAT book CD. It's hard to believe some people feel this way all of the time. Is this what relaxed means? Gimme more! I still continue to be tired.
I bought Caroline Kennedy's book about Christmas Traditions and it is delightful. Everybody should take a look at it. It is composed of her memories, letters from famous people, poetry, the lyrics to Christmas carols, and short stories. I love the illustrations.
The book tape was a great find at Barnes and Noble in the bargain bin. It was an Ann Rule true crime CD. She is a great detective and author. She even did the prologue for the CD. It was a very famous case and was featured on 60 minutes and also People magazine. It was interesting to look up the names of the people involved in the 1997 murder and see where they and their families are today. Gotta love google.
I'm not cooking tomorrow. I'm going out for dinner. We will have my son who lives here and Bella, his daughter stop by in the evening for a couple of hours. It will be good to see him and Bella.
My other son, who I have written about previously is out of the hospital. He has a plan. One can only hope that he is well enough to place the plan in action. I just don't know. Sometimes, you just have to turn worry over to God, especially when you have done all you know how to do.
With that, I wish everybody a most Merry Christmas and a better NEW YEAR! Now go sing some carols! My favorite carol is NOEL.....


26 comments:
Happy Christmas to you all, I hope your Son will be ok. It's Christmas day here now and I am fighting with the cold from Hell that hit me yestrday. Santa musy think I ain't been a good boy!
Have a great time in AZ, I am looking forward to you writing me and telling me all about it.
Gaz xx
Merry Everything, Anne!! Another winter storm is moving in mid-week...I'll try not to think evil thoughts about you in sunny AZ when it arrives. ;)
Love,
Russ
"A Very Merry Chritsmas" to you and yours.Have a wonderful time.I have you and your son in my prayers this Christmastime.Safe Journeys.Brrrrr it's freezing here too in England.Sorry I missed your last post .I took a few days out.Take care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES
My favorite Christmas book is by Jimmy Carter... Christmas in Plains. Tells about what Christmas was like for him as a child, then as a grownup.
Anne
I am so glad Y'all got there unscathed. Funny comment about looking like coconuts, LOL. I hope you enjoy fine dining today and that you have a great visit with your son and Grandaughter Bella. Perhaps after a few more days you will feel like your batteries are fully charged again. In the meantime, continue to your current regimen of relaxation, you deserve it! Merry Christmas! Going to sing those carols!
Sam
Have a great Christmas and a happy New Year :-)
Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/
It sounds like a wonderful Christmas for you. I just received that book for a gift last night. MERRY CHRISTMAS! 'On Ya' - ma
It is good to relax!! I am glad that you all (and especially Luke <g>) made the trip so well... It is a loooong drive! Sounds like it was worth it though.
I'm not cooking either. G is working today (he was supposed to be off, but gave the day to a co-worker who has small children), so we went to the store yesterday and bought a lot of finger food/junk food to just snack last night and today. Supper will be our traditional feast of Chinese Go-food! We have had Chinese for Christmas dinner almost every Christmas day we have been together because we almost -always- work on Christmas Day and spend some other day visiting family, etc. The critters don't seem to care that it is a holiday, they still want to go out, be fed, and have their poopies picked up <LOL> This will be our 8th Christmas together!
Wishing you and yours a Very Merry (and relaxed!) Christmas!
Merry Christmas - happy to see you, Doc and LTWD arrived safely. It's 8:45 in Miami and 72 degrees. My first order of agenda this a.m. is to make inquiry to the various ports of call last evening to determine if I had a good time. From my body's reaction, I think I did.
My mind, however, refuses to cooperate and, although I've authorized it a plea deal of immunity, there's a good chance that it will not reveal the total truth. I do recall a brisk discussion on the proper preparation of meatloaf, a beautiful full moon and a girl named Sonja (not necessarily in that order).
Relax and enjoy that fine Arizona weather ! I'm playing that Christmas CD you sent me.
Jimmy
Merry Christmas Anne, your family and Luke have a blessed holiday~kbear
Rolled in coconut, sounds tasty! I know you worry about your son, as the other seems to have life by the horns. Be patient, I'm going thru it too and have hope. It's nice to see someone who apreciates my friend Ann Stackhouse (Rule) she and I had someone in common back in 1982 when she wrote about him - I felt ambivalent at 1st but realized as an author she had a job to finish. Yet she helped me realize I could be wrong, and as it turned out, was. I hope your holdays are filled with family and love, into another year. xoxo CATHY
Perhaps lighter colored clothing might be appropriate for the drive home, lol! Glad you are getting some rest and relaxation. It's a great feeling, isn't it?
Have a very Merry Christmas!
xoxo
Beautiful Christmas tree graphic. Sounds like you had a good trip & happy to hear you missed the big pile up. They were talking about Caroline Kennedy's book on one of the talk shows in the last couple days..sounds interesting. Have a wonderful relaxing day. Linda in Washington state
MERRY CHRISTMAS dear friend. Beautiful tree graphic. Glad you got away from that midwest nightmare weather. We've had a beautiful day here in Florida. Had family over Christmas Eve and just kicking back today. Glad Luke is doing okay! Here's to a fabulous New Year! Love ya, Linda
Shep & Lab mix. My two favorite dogs rolled into one. You wore black (hahahahahahaha<~That is Luke laughing).
I am very happy you are relaxing, do that some more :-). ~Mary
Merry Christmas, Anne! ~~Kath~~
Merry Christmas to everyone and best of luck to the turns of the new year!
xo
MJ
:)
Welcome back. We're outta here for a couple days. Try not to let Arpaio take over things while I'm gone. He is an idiot.
Merry Christmas!
So glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself Anne! I havent read a book in ages. I need a good one. Might just have to check out that author you named.
Love you!
Connie
Sounds like you had a great Christmas.... you didn't say the name of the Ann Rule book, I love her books.
Joann
My favorite carol is Silent Night.
Merry Christmas!
Continued prayers for your son.
I love Ann Rule books. Kinda creepy at the same time. I am my favorite Christmas Carol. LOL
I've thought about you and your family through this holiday season. I am wishing you a happier easier 2008.
Tenderly,
NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Crocheted-Creations/
My favorite carol is *I want a hippopotomus for christmas*....ah but I always want the impossible!
sounds as if you got some much needed relaxation and I am so glad. You needed and deserved a break after all the stress of the past few weeks.
God bless you and your family.
Glad to hear you all made it safe and sound and missed the bad weather. I'm also glad to hear that Matt is out of the hospital and I'll pray with you that he keeps himself stable. Our brood (all but two) went up to Tahoe to snow board today, so the house was quiet and I got some laundry done. I've had laringytis for about ten or eleven days now. Not sick, just no voice. Have a very happy and safe New Year. Paulette
I'm just now catching up with everyone. I'm glad you got safely to Arizona, even if you did look like you were rolled in coconut! Home you had a great time!
Lori
Post a Comment