Do you remember the exact moment you discovered that Santa did NOT exsist? I remember that I was in the 4th grade and some other kids in my class thought I was such a baby because I still believed in Santa. I was just SURE he exsisted, but remember how sad I was that alas, he was no more!
My grandson Dominick is 9 and I wonder if he knows. I think he may not be sure yet.......so just in case......maybe he should believe for another year. My middle grandson, Patrick, is so quiet, but he is making his list, so far it only contains one thing. My grandaughter, Sedona, is only 4 and she believes in everything. Being a strong-willed female she will gladly tell you what YOU need to believe in. She filled the advent calendar up with candy the other day. I told her that I thought that each little box would only hold two pieces. She did such a good job and when I checked, she had proved me wrong. There were 3 pieces in each box and a few empty hershey's kisses wrappers in a few.
It's a joyful time in the kids lives. They are still innocent, still think that we are swell and still enjoy the silly television Christmas specials that I used to watch when I was growing up. I hope this lasts a little longer......they grow up quicky.
"As for me and Grandpa, We believe!"


5 comments:
Hi :)
Yes, I do remember. I was in the mall with my mother and I saw TWO Santa's and I thought to myself..."Oh, ok...it's another lie!" LOL. I still laugh when I remember how mad I got. Tee Hee.
Always, Carly :)
I was the late "accident"in my family. My parents were too tired and old to keep up the whole Santa hoax. I learned the truth about Santa and The Easter Bunny and The Tooth Fairy while I was still in Kindergarten. Maybe if I'd been a girl -- they would have tried to sustain the magic for a few more years. Oh well. I became skeptical at a young age. I knew way back then that facts were my only friends.
I went on pretending to believe in Santa for at least two years after I learned the truth. It was more fun that way.
I was in K. My older brother had a big mouth, lol. xxoo
awwww.... I would still like to believe.
love, judi
Post a Comment