Sunday, December 5, 2004

Evening Bag

NMOF5_-05Z7

Yes, women of the world unite. Let's all rush out and by this frog. Will it save the rain forest? (NO) Will it make you the belle of the ball? (NO, but maybe the fool of the ball) Will it produce lively conversation....probably, but only behind your back!  My apologies to anybody who actually owns a Judith Leiber purse.

For a mere $3300.00 this little frog can be yours and this price includes the pill box. Trust me, I would need more pills than this little box would hold. Actually, whenever I visit stores that have these purses, I do stare at them. The sales woman is more than happy to take it out and let me look at it. I always decline. I realize they are works of art. I am sure there are women who collect them. I don't know any of these women and often wonder where and how you would display them? I wonder if there is a museum that has these purses? The Dallas Neiman Marcus store has the largest selection that I have ever seen and it is like a museum.

The most interesting fact about these came from an old friend. She used to work in retail and was working in a store that sold these. A man in a white outfit....don't know the proper term for the attire that a sheik wears, came into her store and asked to see a lot of these purses. His wives were behind him and she was not to make contact with them, only HIM. He bought many of these purses, but not the ones that had rhinestones, just the plain gold ones that were in animal shapes. That is when my friend discovered what a black American Express card was. She called American Express to inquire about this card and was told, give him anything he wants and only talk to HIM. She did and he left with many of these purses for............drum roll please...........................his children to play with. Needless to say, she never had another commission quite like that one.

This isn't making my Christmas list this year or any year for that matter. But it certainly is interesting, isn't it?                  

Still waiting for the 11 lords 'a leaping to show up!   Anne

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever been in a store that sells such an item... but then, I don't get out much.  LOL.  Interesting story.

Anonymous said...

Aww.. I adore them!  I'm not buying one mind you.  But I think they're beautiful and lovely.   Of course this response is coming from a woman that would collect sets of dishes if she had room to put them....lol.   ~Sie

Anonymous said...

Yuck!  No matter how much it costs, I wouldn't want to be seen with it!  The word "Tacky" comes to mind right away! LOL
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

One more comment from ME....my husband would just croak, if I even showed him the pricetag!  LOL    Anne

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and slap me. I knew that was a Leiber before I read your entry, lol! I don't have one either, and don't want to. xxox

Anonymous said...

The whold world is crazy.

Anonymous said...

I meant whole.....you should see what they spend on horse around here!

Anonymous said...

I actually think that it's kinda cool...as a piece of art.  If I won one of those 300 million dollar lotto jackpots, I'd probably buy it just so I could display it on a shelf somewhere.  I have deep love for reptiles and amphibians.

Anonymous said...

oh! I do love to look at these........ the designs are always so unique. I have had women friends in my old life who owned them, I just like to look. :):):) judi

Anonymous said...

Amazing...absolutely amazing.
Connie

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a story!  Guess they don't have Toys 'R Us in Saudi Arabia!  --Albert