Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to you Kelly. You are 35 yrs. old today. I had just turned 19 and was so scared. You would still be in my stomach if my labor had not been induced. Kelly James AAAAA.You weighed in at 8 lb. 13oz. (ouch) and your Dad and I were so happy that you had joined our lives. It was a troubling time in history. The Vietnam War was in full swing and your Dad was just about to get drafted. In your first year in life, we  moved 4 times, ending up in Hinesville, Ga. (right outside of Savannah) Your Dad was stationed there for most of his time in the service.

When you were 2 yrs of age, you almost died from aspirating a peanut. Luckily, there was a doctor on base who correctly diagnosed this and it was off to Savannah we went for you to have surgery. When they wheeled you down the hallway, you had a fever of 106 degrees and you were screaming. I remember sleeping on the floor by your bed for 4 days, until we could take you home. You almost died then, but thank God you stuck around.

I posted this picture because EVERYBODY who knows you, knows that you looked exactly like this when you were this age. (including the glasses and the personality)

A few years ago, I thought I was going to lose you for good. You were sick again, but this time, you didn't have a fever. You had to face your demons all by yourself. With the help of some really special people who have become great friends, you are doing great today. I would really like to tell your story, but it is YOUR story and I am only the mother. It is a private part of you that I have no right to reveal and I respect that. Just let me say that there have been only a handful of days that have been my darkest. I was so afraid of losing you that I had planned your funeral.After I did that, I turned you over to God. YOU are the reason that I know miracles exsist. YOU are the reason that I have a higher power. YOU are the reason that I am strong today. I am so proud of you. It was YOUR work and YOUR path. Thank God you made the decisions that you did.

Next year, in June, you will be a Father for the first time. It is a scarey time, but a wonderful one. You will make a wonderful Father. Again, I am humbled by your work and your path.

I am ever so grateful that God allowed me to light your entry into this world. May you and Megan enjoy your time together before your nights become sleepness but fullfilling.

May God continue to bless you and may your light shine brightly for your childs' entry into this world.   

p.s. For Christmas I would like one of those leg lamps like in the movie AChristmas Story.TE HE

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A precious essay...and then the leg lamp. You nut!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, you started out so serious, lol, I loved this entry!! xoox

Anonymous said...

Jsut don't let the hubby "dust" it.   ~Sie

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne...what a precious entry!
<sniff sniff>
Connie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son, and thank you for warming my heart.

Anonymous said...

I thank you for explaining why you believe in miracles.  Please tell Kelly "Happy Birthday" from me.  Russ

Anonymous said...

Great story.  You and I were having babies at about the same time; my daughter is 35.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Kelly.  My brother T. looked like Ralphie at that age too!  

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday................
and Anne, I hope you get your leg lamp!!! judi

Anonymous said...

Ooh I don't know anything here- but I am covered in shivers. Happy Birthday to Kelly. ( I was born in May of 69) ~ Sue

Anonymous said...

I wish the best for your son and Megan on the upcoming new addition to their family!   xxoo, Albert