PLEASE, Don't forget our friends in the animal kingdom. If you are thinking of a special dog or cat for a gift, go to your local shelters.They are sure to have a huge selection for you to chose from.
My dog Luke was a runnaway and taken to a shetler. Nobody claimed him. I will never know his background, but I do know that it was our lucky day when We found HIM. He has been our best dog. He is a blonde mostly lab with a little white sheppard mixed in for a good blend. He has a black and pink nose and the best disposition one could ever ask for.
If you really want to know unconditional love......get a dog or a cat.


6 comments:
Hey Sweetie :)
yep, I agree whole heartedly! As a child we got all of our pets, and we had an ark full, from the local shelter. They make such happy fun pets. Somehow it' seems like they know we are making them a special friend! Great entry!
Always, Carly :)
PS Thank you for coming by lately...love your comments. They always make me smile!
I have an entire house full of animals. Two dogs (a 125 lb. German Shepherd & and a 5 lb. Yorkie), two cats (one from my parent's farm and the other from the pound), five birds (four finches and a cockateel), a Leopard Tortoise, and a tank full of tropical fish. I have more respect and admiration for these simple creatures than I do for most humans. I always donate to my local pound and I buy stuff to but in the big box at the front of my local Petco. I just wish I could take up a collection to build a big radio tower which would broadcast this simple message to all pet-owners:
"SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR DAMN PETS!!!"
Ah yes, I love my mutt! She's still going through adolescent behavior, like any hyperactive, 6-month-old dog, but she gives me more reasons to smile and laugh every day than any human! She was a throw-away...her pregnant mother was dumped near some people's house not far from here. I imagine all her littermates (along with her mother) were destroyed. I ride my horse past there often, and haven't seen any of them lately. I'm glad I salvaged Mandy.
My Shaddow was not wanted and I snatched her up as a puppy. I wish I could afford to have all the critters, from the shelter. My neighbor lady does the books for our local humane society and she cannot bear to see the animals put-down, so she and her husband have 15-20, maybe even more. All of them are well-loved and fed with home-made chicken meal and rice mixture. When they see Shaddow out, they go home and microwave her some food too!! Shaddow is so sweet, loving, and very understanding and forgiving. She is mellowing some, as she is over 3 in people-years and is becoming more gentle, especially around small children. Which was a HUGE relief...debra
I almost came home from the mall with another dog today. There was a family having pictures done with their weiner dogs. The teenaged daughter who was holding the red colored one was slapping the dog in the face. I stopped with my niece to pet the two weiners, and offered to take the one they were abusing off their hands. They were willing to sell, and it sounded to me like they were the proud owners of a puppy mill. How disgusting. At least the dogs had a few moments of loving from my niece and I. xoxo
Great entry Anne!!! judi
Post a Comment