
I was going to title this: Murder in Jesus Land. Since I am located in the RED district of the country, you know the place where the relgious right is located?
The sad news that made national news is this: A woman who was 8 months pregnant was strangled to death and her 8 month old fetus was cut from her body. Her mother found her and she was still alive, but by the time they got her to the hospital, she died. I can't imagine walking into that scene. I can't imagine anybody doing such a thing. (here is Jesus land where "W" says we are the core of Amurica!) There is something rotten in this core.
The amazing thing is that they were able to find the person who did this. It was a woman who met the pregnant lady, Bobbie Jo Stinnet, via internet. Bobbie Jo loved dogs and bred rat terriers. Lisa Montgomery (murderer) contacted Bobby Jo and asked her about her dogs and wanted to come and take a look at them. So, off she went to visit Bobbie Jo and in a blink of an eye, she strangled her and CUT her baby from her body and left her to die.
There are a couple of good things about this case. ONE is that her husband was not involved and the other is that police were on this case and the FBI was on it immeadiately. They were able to track the killer down and make an arrest. They followed the internet trail to find her. Another amazing thing is that the baby is alive!
Seems like every Christmas there are horrible stories of murder. Laci Peterson, Jon Benet Ramsey and the list goes on.
We think we are all safe in the middle of the country. Well we aren't! I believe Timothy McVey rented his truck in Junction City, Ks. and then went on the Oklahoma for the bombing. The famous murderer of many females, John Robinson, lived her in Kansas and MO. He was famous for attracting females for rough sex via internet. His chat room name was SLAVEMASTER. There is a serial killer in the Witchita area called the BTK killer (bind, torture and kill) who has resurfaced after many years of silence. This is not a new occurance here in the heartland. I believe Truman Copote wrote IN COLD BLOOD years ago and that took place here in Kansas, the heartland, Jesus Land!
So to my fellow J-landers I say, we here in the heartland may think that only such crimes are committed in the BIG cities, but murder and sorrow is all over. The only polictical statment I am trying to make is that just because you ae religious, a church goer, a do-gooder, a sinner or a "schmuck" no matter where you live there is good and there is evil. So watch out, be careful, be kind, be aware, be courteous and know that you just can't be too careful no matter where you live!

13 comments:
That's exactly what I was telling my husband this morning. I've met so many wonderful Internet friends in person... but I am still cautious. And will continue to be so.
You never know if a person is misrepresenting themeselves or not. I listened to the tv this morning and heard the police officer talking about how the Amber Alert system brought this person to justice.
It's hard to feel safe anywhere anymore. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
xoxoxoxo
Sadly, you are all too right. We are never safe. xoxo
There is something seriously messed up with a person
who would do something like that. I'm appalled and incredibly sad about this whole thing.
Connie
You are so much braver than I, Anne! I briefly considered writing about that horrible incident, but chickened out. I wouldn't have done as good as job as you anyway -- I probably would have just mashed my fists on the keyboard repeatedly and that hardly ever produces a good entry. As an outcast here in the Jesus States of America, I have resolved to just double-checking my locks and polishing the fangs on my 130 lb. German Shepherd.
That was such a horrible story. I am so thankful they found the baby. I pity the husband and children of the woman who did it as they must be suffering as well. And I agree....you're no safer in small town America then you are in the middle of the city.
Candace
It's such a sick and sad thing that happened. God Bless the victims and the families involved.
This was a horribly sad story and I can only imagine how derranged that woman had to be to commit such an act. So glad, as you say, that the husband was not involved. I am thinking of you, and hope that you have a marvelous holiday. I am so lucky to know you. love, judi
so sad...and now the terrible loss of life in Asia.....makes me lose faith in teh holiday season...
~JerseyGirl
It's true, evil can live anywhere... it almost seems as though the more isolated parts of the country can breed the more heinous crimes sometimes. One thing about cities is that we're all living right ontop of each other, so in a way that can have a civilizing effect! That story about the pregnant Mom was absolutely horrendous, I imagined what that child will grow up feeling. --Albert
thinking of you my friend. judi
the randomness of fate, if that's what it is, scares me...you try to be good, live a joyful life & in a moment it could all b egone.
Marti
Post a Comment