
In the past 4 weeks, I have been to many cities. I finally arrived to my desert home in the wee hours of the morning.
After spending 3 hrs. in Chicago, we were on board, going down the runway and this is what I heard: "Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your attention please, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, OXYGEN MASK, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, FLOATATION DEVICE, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, WATER EVACUATION, BLAH BLAH......... (JUST ICE DOWN THE VODKA, because I need some "SKY" in the Friendly Skies!)
I was really lucky. There were not any seats available because of springbreak. (Seems like a lot of people are headed to Arizona for sun, ballgames, grand canyon, etc.) My dear husband used his milage and flew me first class. He took our son and two grandkids to Arizona and I took my 9 yr. old grandson to Washington D.C. I had to go to Kansas City first to pick him up and that is where we had a hard time getting a ticket to and from. So, First Class was a real treat, until I found out that I had to fly Northeast first to go Southwest. After a 3 hr. layover in Chicago, I finally boarded and somebody asked me if I would change seats so he could sit next to his boss. I said, "sure." So, I was next to Mr. "Fah Fah Fah!" Mr. Fah, asked the flight attendant for a blanket. She didn't have one, but a nice lady gave him hers. He then turned to me and said, "You would think for $2,000.00 a ticket they would give me a blanket!" I just smiled! I didn't have the heart to tell him that my ticket didn't cost anything. So, off we go, into the wild blue wonder.....blah blah blah..............more on my wonderful trip to Washington D.C. later. BTW, Judi and Virginia are better people than you could EVER imagine. What a wonderful time we had, octopus poop and all! Anne

8 comments:
From the tone of this entry it sounds
like you had a wonderful time!
Can't wait to hear all about it!
Lovish!
Connie
It's nice to have you back! You are back in KC, right? Or did I miss something? Russ (HONK)
I so enjoyed my visit to Washington, DC, and would love to go back just once. I'm anxious to read your report.
tee hee teee heeeee. You're a tease!!! hugs my friend, judi
Can't wait for more!! rich
Good job on the first class ticket! Sorry about the seatmate, though!
I look forward to hearing more about your trip and the octopus poop.
xoxo
Also a great picture with your "blue" tones. Glad you had a good time. It's hard to believe that people (or corporations) pay that kind of money for airline tickets, isn't it? Paulette
I'm catching up. ;)
*your kind heart is what i love about you. a lot of people whould have just Had To Tell...
Post a Comment