Saturday, March 26, 2005

A Day At The Zoo

We didn't realize what a wonderful world exsisted at the National Zoo. Above is a picture of Judi, Dominick, me and the octopus. Isn't he beautiful? Dominick learned that he sheds and poops. Judi is a wonderful teacher and Virginia takes good pictures of all of us!  Thanks!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...how great!!  He is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I just learned that too....  see Journals are not just fun, they're educational too!

Anonymous said...

I will not ask what octopus poop looks like....although I might be interested...sort of.
Candace

Anonymous said...

How can you tell if an octopus is a 'he?' He is truly beautiful, anyway!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hello Anne!!!
hey all! Octopus poop tends to be kind of stringy depending on what the animal has ingested. If you catch the octopus at the right moment, he or she looks like they are shooting silly string across the tank.
The males of the species have a breeding part called the hectocotylus that holds the sperm packet on their third right arm. You can tell this arm due to the partial lack of suction cups. He inserts the sperm packet into the female's mantle where it is held until SHE decides to fertilize and lay her eggs.
Anne, it was so great to look back at all the pictures.... we had such a blast with you two!!! The disk will be on its way soon. :):) judi

Anonymous said...

You continue to impress me with your appreciation of natural beauty!!  A big HONK
 Russ

Anonymous said...

Oh POOP!! Wish I coulda been there! rich

Anonymous said...

It's very important that someone teach the little ones all these important facts of life, hooray for Judi.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

PS  I forgot to say that I hoped you had a wonderful Easter.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

cute!

~JerseyGirl
www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...


Thanks for stopping by.  You're so much fun.  I saw you in the pictures in SzyPwr's journal from when she came visiting on her trip.  I think that's so great to meet people by way of this journal and then to actually become friends and go on trips together and visit one another!  Of course you seem like a VERY friendly and outgoing person.   That's the way to be!!!

Cyndy