Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My work Family

I want to talk about my trip to Washington D.C. with my grandson Dominick, but my heart isn't in it right now. Oh don't get me wrong we had a great time and I will share that later on, but now I just need to ramble.

My husband is a great guy and a great boss. Not only do I think that but the women who work for him do too. We do not have people who quit working, they STAY with us and are great workers, competent and good women. We are a tight-knit group. Our work family is one that functions well and we enjoy each other tremendously.

Our office manager is named Shellie. She is such a wonderful person that I could go on and on about her, but you get the clue that she is totally awesome! She is the reason that I get to stay in the desert for awhile in the winter. She handles things with no whinning. I think of the women who work the front office as being on the front line of a battlefield. They never know who will be nice and sweet and who will be rude, crude and totally unacceptable. Shellie can handle the best and the worst of them and has a calm stable influence on all.

I should have realized something was terribly wrong when she called the other women Monday and let them know she wouldn't be in to the office. (She NEVER misses work, ever!) She had not felt well for awhile. Several infections, pink eye, bug bites and now a headache. Her dear husband found her when he came home from work on Monday evening barely alive. Her lips were blue and she barely had a pulse. They didn't even know if she would make it though the night. Well, she is still with us. She is off the breathing machine but her kidneys aren't working properly. She has a team of doctors working on her, trying to figure out just what the heck is wrong. It's just so hard to think you could be fine one minute and at deaths door the next....all in the blink of an eye.

Once again, I ask for your thoughts, positive energy and prayers for Shellie and her family. We love her so much.

It's been a tough year for our work family. Another women's mother died, followed by the death of her animals. A yr. prior to that her brother was savagely murdered. He was in a nice restaurant and got up to go to the bathroom. He passed by a guy who was standing up yelling and cussing at the men at his table. (We found out they were his employees) Her brother accidently brushed against him, as the men was ranting and raving. The man thought he was being aggressive towards him and pulled him outside the restaurant and beat him to death. He lingered in the hospital for a long while before dying. It took over a yr to go to trial. The man had a history of this behavior. Well folks, he got less than a yr....I think 6 months...........for beating a man to death with his hands. Sandy's mother held on long enough for the trial. She was well into her 90's and wanted to see the man punished for beating her son to death. I guess after the sentence, she just gave up.

I don't understand the world today. I am so sad. The older I get, the more I ask WHY? I am convienced, however, that I will never know the answer to that question, perhaps it just is a question that is not meant to be answered in this lifetime.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just said a prayer for Shellie.  I hope the doctors find what the problem is, and then find a solution.

Anonymous said...

I'll send some positive energy your way and a prayer as well.  I don't understand a system that will let someone beat someone to death and let him off so easily. What an insult to justice.
Candace

Anonymous said...

All of you are in my prayers.  I wish I could answer your questions or ease your pain a bit.  I wish I could just sit there with you for awhile.  Just know that you're in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Anne, I feel your pain, and my good thoughts will go out fro Shellie. Senseless behavior, especially of the criminal kind, seems to be a question with no answer. Just look at yesterdays RED LAKE shooting. As you age, you never get the answers, BUT, unfortunately, you kind of "understand" more.  Not much help, but it's the thought that counts, right? rich

Anonymous said...

My prayers are going out for Shellie.  Please keep us posted!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

I'll be keeping you and all your loved ones in my thoughts.  I am just floored at the story of the man's death.  How terrifying that someone can commit  such an act of violence and get a slap on the wrist.  He should have been put away for a long LONG time.

Anonymous said...

I am new to your journal-thanks to Judi-my thoughts and prayers are with you for Shellie. I think sometimes we are better off not to try to "figure" out the world-it's just too crazy at times. But know there is a plan and God has your back!

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne...I wish I could give you a big hug right now.
I'm so very sorry about Shellie.  Please let us know
when they figure out what happened to her...
And my gosh...6 months for a brutal murder?
What is this world coming to...
Connie

Anonymous said...

It seems a lot of good people are in need of prayers lately. I promise you I wll add Shellie to mine.


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

"WHY?" indeed!  The world is so cruel.  I'm sending out positive vibes to Shellie.  

Russ

Anonymous said...

you all and Dear Shellie are in our thoughts....... I am glad that she and her family have such a support system around them during this difficult time. There is so much pain and grief and loss in our existence, I have no answers but it does help us to appreciate the good and gentle times. Thinking of all of you... love, judi

Anonymous said...

I will keep Shellie and her family in my thoughts, Anne.
I don't think there is an answer as to why bad things happen to good people. I think it is just random, and a very sad fact of life.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I knew about this, but had not read your entry. I hope she is improving as of this reading.
xoxoxo,
me

Anonymous said...

Well, I certainly add my postive vibes and requests to the Universe on Shellie's behalf. I don't understand the world anymore, either--but it's all we have, at least that we know of.