
Do you have a particular dream that you remember? Do you have a dream that repeats itself over and over? Do you dream in color?
I had one dream many years ago, that I will never forget. I was strolling through a beautiful flower garden and admiring all of the roses. One rose bush caught my eye and I bent over to smell the roses. I was holding one rose in my hand and suddenly the roses turned into heads. YES, heads of people who I knew, who were deceased. It startled me at first but they started talking and told me to ask them questions, so I did. I recall two of the "rose" heads were of deceased boyfriends who died tragically, one in war and the other in a car accident. I asked several questions, although, I don't remember what questions they were now! I then recall not being scared or frightened anymore. I somehow knew they were at peace and that I had received the answers I wanted and needed.
When I told my good friend about this dream she asked if I had ever gotten to say Goodbye to them? I had not, so off we went to the cemetery. I visited their gravesites and said my goodbyes...never having that dream again.
I always dream in color and it is usually so vivid. However I do notice that a lot of my dreams take place at night, so colors stand out against the darkness. I also feel textures, holding up against my face or running my hands over and over them.
Often times I dream of traveling and how difficult it is to get from one place to another.....it's never a direct route and I aways see people I know along the way.
Often I dream of being alone at night in the town I grew up in and trying to catch the bus to go home. I am afraid that I may have missed the bus and I must walk home in the dark. (Note: I grew up taking busses as we did not have a car) My mother had a great deal of pride and taught me NEVER to ask anybody I knew for a ride.
So tell me about your dreams.....are they sweet or scarey?

5 comments:
I hardly ever remember my dreams any more. When I was a teen, I had that common dream where you get to school and realize you are naked. I've known several people who had the same one.
I lost dreaming for years to sleep apnea. I didn't stay in REM sleep long enough to do more than dream in small snatches. I'm dreaming again thanks to my CPAP, and I too dream in color. Some of my dreams are whimsical, some are peaceful, some are obviously meaningful and some are flat out terrifying. Unfortunately, those are the most memorable. I've had several repetitive dreams my entire life. Some have disappeared after an issue was resolved or a question was answered. Dreams are powerful to me, and I am so glad to be able to dream in depth again and to remember my dreams.
Most of my repeating dreams are spooky. You already know about my nightime adventures battling zombies -- which my buddy Sim has tried to analyze. I used to have have frequent dreams about driving a car where the brakes suddenly fail and I am going right into a busy intersection. I really wish I could have vivid sex dreams on a regular basis!!! Russ
Dreams have run my life sometimes! I think I told you that I used to have crippling nightmares, horrid ones. They involved death and terror and murder and all kinds of very ugly things. I would have one, wake up, go back to sleep, and have another. In my life, they were 'normal.'
Then a few months ago I took a nap during the day and had a nightmare that involved me being shot at while crossing a street. Just crossing a street and a total stranger lifted up a shotgun and aimed it at my stomach and shot. This time, though, the only time ever, someone came and rescued me. I have not had a nightmare since.
But I still dream in serious, major color, texture, smell, touch. My dreams are so real I always said they are like movies without the credits. Once I woke up realizing that I was seeing credits, so my joke was carried out after all. My dreams are so very real, that if I have a deep dream, it takes a bit of time after I wake up sometimes to realize if it was a dream or not. Sometimes I am exhausted from the dreams.
My subconscious or something must put in some serious overtime, lol!
My recurring dream is one of trying to lock doors while someone is pushing on the other side, or I fear if I don't lock it soon enough someone will be pushing on it. That dream has almost disappeared also. I seem to have safety issues!
xoox
My dreams are scattered snatches of this and that. I remember one whole dream that I have had several times since I was 5 years old, that I will not recount here. I guess I don't get into REM much. Zzzzz...
;)
me
Post a Comment