Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another Update

BAD NEW/GOOD NEWS.................................

The good news is Lukes tests came back and he doesn't have cancer. 

The bad news is the growth underneath his leg in the groin area is now the size of a grapefruit.  It is also getting hard. His heart was pounding and he was having trouble breathing. I called the Vet and was told to bring him in.

I pulled the van out into the driveway and had my neighbors try to help me get him in the car.  His back legs went out and he couldn't stand.  I got a beach towel under him and three of us managed to get him in the car.  It took 4 people to get him out of the car at the Vets.

He is having an electrocardiogram and a chest X-ray. The Vet is operating as I type.  He has a bad infection and we aren't sure why.  His temp was 104.5.  He will have a drain tube in. He is full of infection.  

Keep your fingers crossed and put your prayer beads on.  OR, just send positive energy to Luke, The Wonder Dog.

He's just a dog..............but he is a wonderful soul.  I'm having a (one) glass of wine to calm myself down. 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Luke.  And poor you!  Having a sick pet is like having a sick child, gives you lots of worries.  I'm saying a prayer.

Anonymous said...

luke isn't *just* a dog cuz, well, he is yours and really when is a dog every "just" a dog when folks love him madly?  hope his recovery is just as smooth as can be!  grins, debra

Anonymous said...

I know with your infinite attention, Luke will be well soon.  You deserve that wine. ~Mary ox

Anonymous said...

Our pets are never "Just" pets - they are companions, friends and confidants.  I'm sending good energy and sending up prayers for Luke the Wonderdog.  God bless!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

He is not "JUST" a dog!  My dog is my best friend, and she is part of the family, as I'm sure Luke is with yours!  Bless his sweet little heart!  He is in my prayers!

Keep us informed!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Anne, honey, Luke may be "just" a dog but I know that dog is your baby.  You're just like me.  I am so praying for his recovery.  It just tears my heart out when our animals have to undergo suffering.  Keep me posted.  Hugs to you and Luke, Linda

Anonymous said...

Dear Anne,

We are thinking of you and Luke the Wonder Dog...... your love is the best medicine.

judi

Anonymous said...

to heck with the "just a dog"  he's Luke the wonder dog!!!   V.I.P.!!!!   he's in my prayers  hugz~kbear

Anonymous said...

I'm sending very strong loving, healing vibes to your friend/kid/companion.

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as "just a dog".  He is part of your family.   I'm sending  every ounce of my dog loving positive energy your way and hoping you'll have good news to share soon.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Luke is NOT just a dog... He's a Furkid, and they are wonderful. Keeping both Luke AND you in my thoughts... Keep us posted, please!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Anne.  I'm glad it's not cancer, but so sad to hear Luke is struggling right now.  Yes, of course I'll say a few prayers for the Wonder Dog. I'll add a little prayer for you, too.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I'm obviously late in stopping by as you will see by my post time, but fortunately, I have been in contact since you wrote this entry and you said Luke's doing better. Luke the Wonder Dog for Prez......!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

He's not just a dog, he's your dog!
I hope he's ok.
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

He is so NOT just a dog! He is Luke the Wonder Dog and I am absolutely sending all the positive vibes I can get and the beagles are doing a double beagle get well dance, too!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I'm just now reading about this.  I hope everything came out okay and the Luke is doing fine now.
Lori