I wish you could have been here this morning. Luke and I did our walk around the block, before I had to leave. The lawn people were finishing up and the last smell of grass was in the air. AND oh, my gosh.......the sky. Well, it was a buttermilk sky. Sing it Jimmy from Florida............


12 comments:
Wonderful news on Luke's continuous recovery. Loved this entry, that picture is definitely enchanting. (Hugs) Indigo
The lawn people scared Briege today...she ran right up my leg :-)~ she gave me that look: We finally got rid of the boyfriend with the water bottle & now THIS? ~Mary
Anne
I'm hearing a lilt to your voice and seeing some spring in your step. It is good to know all is well in your world once again.
Sam
You're dating me, my love, and not in the "lets go to a movie" way. The only reason I know this song is because my great grandfather passed it down from generation to generation. Originally performed by the Kay Kyser Orchestra (lyrics and music by the incomparable Hoagy Carmachael). Willie Nelson also recorded it.
Ole buttermilk sky (ole buttermilk sky)
I'm keepin' my eye peeled on you
What's the good word tonight?
Are you gonna be mellow tonight?
Jimmy
i'm so glad that luke and you are feeling more spry! grins, debra
'Ole Buttermilk sky, can't ya see my little doggy and me, we're as happy as a Christmas tree, headin' for the one I love' ... or something close to that ! That one is even before MY time ( which means it's before yours, too ! ) but it was a favorite of my mother, who played the Kay Kayser version. Funny, when I looked at the picture, that was exactly what I thought of. Thanks for the memories .. Tina
I missed it. :( Guess I should look up once in awhile.
Russ
Beautiful picture! It's finally cooling down a bit here. I'm so happy about Luke! Have a wonderful weekend. Linda
Is that where you live? WOW.......Gaz xxxxxxx
Anne, I am so happy to be reading of Lukes progress. I haven't had a chance to read any blogs for the past few days and have been fretting over how he (and you) are dong. I'm sure Luke looks forward to every one of those walks the two of you take. Paulette
Love the picture!
Lori
The walks are probably really good for getting him back in top shape :-)
It's really cold here now!
xoxo
Post a Comment