We have an annual tradition at our home every Thanksgiving. The grandkids come over and Doc and I have taught them how to bag a turkey.
First you have to sneak up on 'em and have a mallet in your hand. We've tried to teach them to aim for the head first and them finish 'em off by a direct blow to the stomach and of course hobble them so he can't run away.
AND so it was this evening we all gathered around discussing IF we should change of method of madness or keep it the same. I know what you are thinking........how could Saturday's Child do such a mean a cruel thing? Well, we get to enjoy the meat and we all love the dark meat MORE than the white meat.
So this tradition has become known as our annual TURKEY BASH.....................
He was a stunning heavy weight this year. Each Grandchild posed holding him up. BEST CHOCOLATE TURKEY we ever ate. Do they look like they are having fun?

15 comments:
HA HA!
Beautiful slide show.:)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Niki
That is one turkey who didn't go gently into the night. We've done the same thing with a chocolate pig at times. The kids look very happy. ~Mary
LOLOLOL!!! great pics! hope you enJOYed that turkey looks yummie!~kbear
Weird and cute --- just like you! ;)
Russ
At first I was like, OMG! Maybe I should look at the photos first next time?
Gaz xx
You silly goose! I jumped down and read th3e entry while the pictures were loading, so ... you got me! Looks like a fun tradition. Oh, and I am so impressed that your tree is up and fully decorated on Thanksgiving!
Sam
Oh, and I promise never to start another comment here with the phrase, "You silly Goose." Honest! Two in a row is way too many, LOL.
Sam
you got me there for a minute...
how cute!
lyn
I just knew you couldn't possibly have changed that much since we were kids!! Whew! Gorgeous grandkids. I actually envy you that yummy dark turkey!!! Mmmmm. Linda
I'll start out with my only lucid comment, which is, I admire how far your decorations and preparations go to get into the Thanksgiving spirit. That said, I'm turkied out ! Between the eating and the revelry, I need a couple of days of simple foods and a few days without seeing my pal Johhny W. There's a good chance I'm getting old.
Jimmy
I think I need to do a field study on this.
Those kids obviously enjoyed the tradition! I love some of the traditions people start up in their own families :-)
xoxo
I've never had a chocolate turkey! They look like they were having a lot of fun!
Lori
I love that tradition. Your tree looks lovely as well. Next weekend one of my sons and his family are coming over to "help" us trim for Xmas. My plan is to be a very good sidewalk superintendent! Paulette
You folks bag chocolate turkeys the same way I arrest shoplifters. Interesting.
OMG....I fell for it then I LMFAO!!!!!! Yer a nut but what a great idea!
Love the flash screen....beautiful subjects and presentation.
Post a Comment