Tuesday, November 20, 2007

AUTUMN LEAVES

WEATHER

When Autumn Leaves begin to fall.......................so the song goes.  I was able to snap a few photos yesterday of the leaves and trees  in our neighborhood. It was windy today and most of the leaves have fallen. The mowing crew spent most of the day here in my area, doing what they do best.  (Mow and mulch)

Yesterday it was 76 degrees here in the center of the nation. Today it was 73.  My body is rebelling because everything is on RED or ORANGE alert. Tomorrow we will have rain, sleet and snow. My body could have told you that instead of the weatherman. 

Luke and I have been walking around 5 or 6 times a day and now I am hobbling around. My right foot in on strike.  It's something to behold when you see Luke, The Wonder Dog and I walking up a hill. It's his left side that is healing and dragging and my right foot dragging.  PITIFUL!  At least we keep on going.

This year we will be spending Thanksgiving at a girlfriends house. A small group will gather, including a French Lt. stationed at Levenworth military base and a Korean woman.  It will be interesting for them to experience an American Thanksgiving. 

I only have to do the potatoes this year. Also I picked up two pies at Costco; pumpkin and pecan. I think I ate lunch there with all of the samples they were demo-ing.  I can make a great pumpkin pie, but Costco makes a better one and they are 12" and cost $5.99. The Pecan is the same size and cost $9.99. I couldn't buy the ingredients and make them for that.  Well, THERE is one thing I am thankful for already.............Coscto pies!

I am working up a few rants but I will save them for another day.   Enjoy your holiday and remember, it's just like Dorothy said, "There's no place like home!"  (clicking my ruby reds!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!  ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Anne
It sounds like you have a very interesting day lined up for Thanksgiving.  Sorry to hear about your body rebellion.  I'm glad you and Luke are still walking, though.  Good luck with the immenent weather.  Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you and LTWD are up and about. I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving. I posted a joke today that I received recently from an un-named source. Possum S. Hemmingway sends Luke his regards.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I must admit, I do miss the changing of the seasons and beautiful fall colors.  But NOT the cold!!  Sorry your foot is giving you problems but so happy to know that Luke is on the mend.  I'm wishing you and yours a wonderful and very happy Thanksgiving.  I'm happy cause I don't have to cook!!!  :)  Love ya!  Linda  

Anonymous said...

I didn't care for the French in France(no one lambast me since I am part French) but the food was awesome. I pity the lady serving an American turkey dinner to a Frenchman.  
I think I was 13 before I stopped spelling Autumn AUTHUM. Briege & I played in all the leaves today. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Anne!

xxxx
Russ

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!!   enjoy your Thanksgiving!   it's droppin' to 40 something degrees here on turkey day   today was 70   brrrr  winter is around the corner  stay warm   give a hug to Luke for me~hugz kbear

Anonymous said...

70s? I haven't seen that since I came home from AZ! It's raining now, and tomorrow morning I will have to watch for ice on my porch - and will have to check every morning for the next 6 months or so....

I have found that with my fasciitis, I can wear my orthotics going uphill, but must remove them and go to normal insoles going downhill. Go figure! It's nice that you and Luke are walking together, and can commiserate over each step being a victory :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Has any snow made it to guys yet?  So far we're just getting rain, but they expected a mix.  Not that I'm complaining!  Great pics!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm sure I would of smiled at you and Luke the wonder dog making your way around. Not laughing at your situation, but rather the love that would of been obvious when you made the effort to take him out. Have a loving, peaceful, THANKFUL holiday and every day there after! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I love the deli in costco, do you have it in the states too?
Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

The trees are beautiful.  Most of the autumn leaves are now on the ground around here now.  I think most of them are in my front yard, although in all fairness a good amount from out trees have blown elsewhere!  Paulette