Just like the song says, "What A Difference A Day Makes" and I think it was Dianah Washington who sang it. I know who will know the answer to that. (JIM S.) In this case it's the difference a week can make.
Luke IS recovering nicely. The Vet finally called yesterday and left a message on the answering machine. It didn't make sense to me and I asked Doc to explain it. yawn.....and after he did, I wasn't anymore informed than I was before. Blame in on my inability to understand medical jargon or bullshit. (oops, slip of the tongue) They couldn't find what type of bacteria it was. Now they drained 3 cups of pus out of him and he almost died, so what the heck is going on? OH, let me think.....no, no.....think some more......OK, GOT IT.............the lab lost the samples that were sent to them. You'll never convince me of anything different either. Even Doc said it was highly unusual. Thanks about the only thing I understood him to say.
I think it was all of the emails, prayers, positive energy, thoughts and antibiotics that made him recover. Thanks to all of you. I love you guys.
Yesterday Luke and I decided to go to the park. Well, I decided we would go.... but that meant Luke had to get in the car and we had to drive there. The last 10 times Luke has been in the car he has had to go to the VET, so he was very hesitant to get in. Who could blame him? THEN, he wanted to jump in and his jumping days are over. He did not want to use the pet ramp, but after talking and begging him, then bribing him with treats, he gave in and walked up the ramp. We got to the park and walked 1/2 mile around the tree-lined fall foliage paths. We even went back today and he is now beginning to put a little bit of weight on his back left leg. He had a smile on his face when we finished and he got back in the car. He has had visitors on a daily basis.
Now you know why he is called.........the WONDER DOG! I am trying toteach him to pour my wine. Mary said he might if I fried the chicken livers in butter. WELL, it's a thought!

15 comments:
Happy to hear Luke is doing better! beautiful pics!~kbear
As usual, you are quite correct. It was the inimitable Dinah Washington. One of my favorite songs and definitely one of my favorite singers !
I'm so happy that Luke TWD is better. Possum S. Hemmingway sends his regards.
The pictures are gorgeous and I wish that at least once, I could have seen the change of seasons in person (although I spent a weekend in Albany, N.Y. in '68 but in those days I couldn't see forest for the trees).
It brings to mind one of my signature songs that I sing called "Autumn Leaves" and with smell of the cool autumn air, it really is the proverbial breath of fresh air.
Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/
P.S. Just got back from AREA 51 at Lakes Cafe
Rockin' good news!! I needed to read some.
Russ
good for Luke!
I'm so very happy that Luke is recovering. I wish I could give him a big hug in person. I can just picture that smile and I know you're beaming! So here's my virtual hug to you and Luke! HUGS! Linda
Anna
Great new about The Wonder Dog. That he is able to go and walk around the park again speaks volumes. The pictures were great! I love the fall colors and enjoyed seeing Doc and the "little one."
Sam
Wonderful news about Luke... And, I'm afraid I am in perfect agreement with you on the Dr. issue.
:) YAY. Go Luke! Glad to hear he's improving even more. ~Sie
I love it when dogs smile....
:)
Make it salmon over spinach & I'll pour your wine. I am very happy Luke is doing well & pretty sure that is mostly due to his Mom. ~Mary
I know I need not add this, but I just want everyone to know I know your name is Anne. Anna was a typo. Sheeesh!
Sam
I am glad Luke is recovering well. D, I have read in other blogs about your Sis death, I am so sorry, I haven't come across that entry yet, as I have so many to read. I do hope you are coping ok my friend, and that your brother in law is ok too.
Hugs to you, Gaz x
I am so glad Luke is again pulling his Wonderdog-ness out of somewhere and doing better. I hope you are doing okay, too. Margo
I'm so glad he is doing so well!
Lori
Eewwww, the smell of cooking chicken livers.....yuck! Never again in this house, lol!
Go Luke!!
xoxo
Post a Comment