Monday, November 12, 2007

CUPCAKE ALERT

I have stumbled upon something I need to pass along.  It seems that a certain food has an added drug in it and I had NO idea. 

This weekend was my granddaughter, Sedona's, 7th birthday.  We had a fun girls weekend. First we had a pedicure, then her fingernails painted with fun little flower stickers on her thumbs.  Then it was on to get her hair done. She wanted curls in her hair so she had a few curls  and she loved her look.  We then went on to Nordstroms to the SALE and found some rain boots for $10.00 and some slippers for evening.  We grabbed a wonderful lunch in their restaurant.

The celebrating continued when we got home. She had a couple of presents to open and then Doc had to assemble them.  While he was working on that, I opened the "fresh" cupcakes that were store bought.  I have always made their birthday cakes or cupcakes, but hey, I'm pressed for time!!  These were so cute...... white with white icing and little pink purse, shoe and nail polish plastic prongs that went into each cupcake.  I didn't expect much flavor since they were store bought, but that is what surprised me.

They were GREAT...........they were so good that I had two and thought about arm-wrestling a 7 yr old for another one.  She won, only because she is quicker.   Yep, I am thinking that good ole sugar is as powerful as "crack."  We were on a sugar high until ONE of us had to go to bed.

NO alcohol was consumed before, during or after the party.  It would have just done me in!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had those weekends with my 9-yr old granddaughter...let's just say its not Alyssa that is out first...no matter how much sugar we've eaten!  I love weekends or days where its just 1:1 time with each grandchild.  My smaller ones, well, they have to be potty trained before this grandma takes them overnight :)
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

When my three children were young (and so was I), we'd go out into the Florida Everglades and camp. Masochist that I am, I also would take my nephew. Two days in the 'glades with four kids ages 9 to 13 wore me out then.

The 'glades story has been passed down to the grandchildren, who often ask me about it. I just show them camping pictures and have a scotch.

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend, despite the sugar high. Can't believe Sedona is 7! Margo

Anonymous said...

MMmmmmmmm.... Sugar! <LOL> sounds like a great day though!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah!  Yummy!!  Gimme gimme cuppycake!!  :)  Sounds like you had a wonderful time.  Hope Luke is pretty well recovered now.  Hugs!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Where did you GET those cupcakes?!  They must have been something indeed!
Lori

Anonymous said...

The last store bought cupcake I had tasted like compressed bran flakes with icing. You got a good deal :-). ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Store bought and that good? You may be on to something. If they continue to be that tasteful, imagine all the baking you will get out of as well as the money you will save. I love those sugar highs. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

What a lucky grannie and an ever luckier granddaughter.  It sounds like you both had a wonderful time.  Sure wish I coulda been there.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I found out a long time ago about that added sugar drug....and believe it or not, Mexican food has the same ingredient!!
Sounds like the birthday was magical, thanks to you.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Is this the same sugar that gives me the "sweet tooth?" I never noticed anything that resembles what people call a "sugar high" - I need caffeine for that.

You had a right good birthday party! Where is my cupcake??

xoxo