LET'S talk turkey! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I don't have to buy presents for anybody or wrap anything. Well, I will have to wrap myself up in a coat tomorrow. The front came through and it was snowing this afternoon. There was just a sprinkling of snow. If the truth be told, that's how I remember Thanksgiving of years ago. It was always cold and often rainy or a touch of snow. I like it that way. "Over the river and through the......."
I think the Frenchman will like my potatoes because I put enough boursin cheese in there along with butter and cream that it should do us all in. My sweet potatoes are divine too. I like all sweet potatoes but I buy fresh and cook them. I don't mash them but I cut them thick, along with apricots, golden raisins and a brown sugar sauce that has butter and just a touch of sherry. OK, I'm loose with the sherry, but hey, makes people happy and they go back for seconds.
I have included some pictures of my kitchen and what I collect. It's Thanksgiving all year long at my house. I have encluded some pictures of my many postcards. I collect antique turkey platters and have them above my cabinets. I often wonder who owned them before. Some of these date back to pre civil war all the way up to the 50's. You will now find the reproductions of a couple at Williams-Sonoma.
NOW for my song..........................Jimmy in Florida, help me sing, Kay Bear Dance, Sam from GA, play your guitar, Jimmy from Jersey, tell me I'm a great singer, Russ draw me a turkey, Mosie, Sam needs help with his guitar, Faux Cowboy, play it again Jon!, Mary in Jersey... laugh for and at me, Raven smile at Luke and me and for the rest I've left out, sing it again, you too Suzy. Here Goes................mememememe....
MY TURKEY TIS OF THEE, sweet bird of cranberry, of thee I sing..........
I love Thy neck and wings........ legs, back and other things...........
I love Thy good stuffings, O LUSCIOUS BIRD!
What? What? You don't want me to sing it again? You wanna bird? I'll show ya a bird REMO!! (te he)

12 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving Anne!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!~kbear
Pass the wine and we'll write more turkey carols!
xxx
Russ
Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs!
You silly goose! Happy Thanksgiving, Anne! Enjoy your international gathering today and yes, please sing your song loud and clear to the foreigners. They already think Americans are crazy in the rest of the world, we wouldn't want to let them down, now would we? Beautiful Thanksgiving collectables, by the way!
Sam
I searched high and low in my music files and I just cannot find the sheet music, but with your melodic input and sweet thoughts, I'll just "wing it". A Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Your friend and mine
Jimmy
I would never picture you anything BUT loose with the sherry. I haven't had sweet potatoes in so long & want them really badly now. Thanks. How much of the sherry had you sampled before you sung that song? I'm bringing Dad some Nicolas Feuillatte Rose & they don't really like that at his facility, BUT HE DOES. Happy Thanksgiving. ~Mary
I love your song :-)
Have a wonderful turkey day and stay off the feets!
What a nice group you put together to sing with, Anne!
xoxo
I need that recipe with the sherry and apricots......... sounds awsum!
Gaz xx
Your sweet potatoes DO sound divine!!
Lori
Looks like a great collection. No reason why Thanksgiving can't be year-round. I like donkeys, but oftn have to make do with a Horsey-donk instead. Paulette
Sorry I'm late. Tryptophan. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
What a wonderful bunch of Thanksgiving guests! Who the hell needs Pilgrims?? (Miles)
Post a Comment