Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Surprise

WELCOME TO THE WORLD, BABY GIRL!

I received a call from my son 24 hrs. ago. He was on his way from Flagstaff to Tucson. He had time to kill so he just decided to call me. Somehow he knew I would be up. M. is due in June, but has been in the hospital a couple of times in the past 10 days because of complications. I asked if they had completed their baby classes and they had only completed one class. We discussed names....he says they haven't picked one yet, but have narrowed it down to a precious few. He tried teasing me saying that he thought Maude (in honor of Bea Arthur of Golden Girls) would be good. I didn't argue, just agreed. That threw him off course. Then he suggested Ester (in honor of Aunt Ester of Sandford and Son) and he added that she was sure to come with many pocketbooks. I told him if his Dad were on the phone he could tell him the significance of the Bible's Ester. Note: second attempt to make me aggreviated didn't work. We ended the call with his promise to keep me posted. I went to get a drink of water and 5 mintues later I heard the phone ring. "Her water broke.....we think......and we are going to the hospital........well something happened......a brown "something" came out and then her water broke.....gotta go....will call later!"

  So on Tuesday, May 11th at 11.30 a.m. a BABY GIRL was born into the world and family. She is a premie....5lbs. 1oz. and a Tuesday's Child, full of grace. My daughter in law and my son still had not gotten to hold her the last we spoke.....she had to be observed for so many hours since she was a premie. They had to check lung functions, heart, etc. so they were anxious to hold her. They had to use forceps....they are suction now....and her head is "pointy" and her face bruised. Even with great insurance I am sure they will leave the hospital before BABY GIRL does.  I am sure she will be OK, but being a long way from them is a little unsettleing right now. I'll feel better when I get a report tomorrow. 

So, if you are inclined to say a prayer or send some positive energy or thoughts her way....she is in the preemie nursery in Tucson, AZ.....waiting, just waiting to go home.         

[picture is from anne geddes]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!  Y'all are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

In March of this year I watched my "preemie" marry the man of her dreams.  She is a healthy and beautiful 21 year old who began her journey through this life at    1 lb. 13oz.  Have no fear....god loves and watches over his littlest angels.  Congratulations!  You have been given a special blessing in this child.  

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!   I have her and the family in my prayers!   I'm Confident God is watching out for her:-)~kbear

Anonymous said...

Five pounds isn't a bad weight, for a preemie.  May God keep her safe.

Anonymous said...

Oh, a little girl! How exciting!!!  It's just the best to be a grandmother. I know you have concerns over little Ciara (that's my fave name right now), but she should do fine, since she's a large preemie (like saying jumbo shrimp).

Whheeeeee . . .  here we go with pale pink dresses and mary janes and Malibu Barbie.  Gotta love it!!!  

I will say a little special prayer for a precious little girl.  Congratulations to the whole family, Anne!  You are blessed!

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of prayers for the little one, and her family.  ~Susan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!  (The 11th was Wednesday, though!)  :)
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

oh..... blessings to your family and the wee little one. I bet you cannot wait to see her. Prayers and good thoughts in your direction, I hope she will get to go home soon.
lots of love and hugs,
judi

Anonymous said...

I will keep your new baby in my thoughts, Anne! I know you want to be with her :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I will keep your family in my prayers. I am a mother of four, two were premature and are doing wonderful. Congratulations.....

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby girl! Girls are so precious! I will definitely say a prayer for your new addition. I know God has her in his caring hand taking care of her.
Hugs,
Stace

Anonymous said...

oh, anne, from a monday's child (fair in face), I am wishing your Tuesday's child is truly full of grace and hope that all goes well in these next couple of crucial weeks.  Love ya, debra

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs and many prayers!!...that's too awesome .

E

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne, this is wonderful!
I hope all goes well!
Sending prayers for your
family's new edition!
Love,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I am doubling up on healthy vibes aimed toward Arizona!  She will be fine!  Congratulations!!   Love, Russ

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I will indeed send energy and thoughts to your granddaughter and her parents. I am glad she has blessed all your lives, and look forward to hearing more about her. Margo

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and your family!! Prayers and good energy coming your way!!! I love babies!! Especially little ones!!

Anonymous said...

Warm thoughs and many prayers will be sent forth for your new granddaughter and her parents - as well as for the new grandma.  The way medicine is with preemies these days I bet she'll be fine and home in no time.  It is terribly difficult to be so far away.  Hope you get to hold her soon!  Paulette

Anonymous said...

I will pray hard for the well being of this family.  My own Shelby was six weeks early. My husband used to tease he would name her Throckmorton.  

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new baby granddaughter, is it?  Sending positive energy her way.

Ana

Anonymous said...

Sending positive thoughts from Idaho. My best to you and your new granddaughter!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

sending prayers from nj....hope everything will be okay....www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

thinking of you all this am. love and hugs, judi

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers towards the west.  

Anonymous said...

{{{{{Anne}}}}}
I hope you have good news by now but are just too busy to post. I've sent up my prayer and hope it will be answered soon!   Congratulations on your new grand daughter!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

You are all in my thoughts....

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com  

Anonymous said...

Sooo... any news?

Anonymous said...

Anne....I check this place every day for new wit and wisdom..where ya at?......

Hope all is well with the lil precious!

E

Anonymous said...

You have my assurance of a good-intentioned prayer right this moment. I'll mkae sure everyone else lends a thought, too. Please wish them well, send my congratulations, and keep us posted, ok?


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

((((Anne))))  I've been off my regular blog-jog rounds, so missed all this... so glad that the baby is okay, and big congrats to you and your family!  xxoo, Albert