Here we are in front of Buckingham Palace. It was a cold and windy day. I had dressed in wool blazers or sweaters and coats until the day we had a tour and went to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guards. I just had on a cotton shirt and pants with a light rain coat. Thank God for ear muffs. I am with my friend Sherron, my nephew and Charles. (not Prince BUT Charles the III)
We saw many beautiful palces that day but ran out of time to visit the inside of the tower of London to see the Queens jewels. Our guide had so much information that I couldn't take it all in, so I went to a gift shop at the tower and bought a book on the jewels and the tower.
In my next entry I will post the pictures of the changing of the guard. Also notice the guard who people could walk up to and take their picture. He looked so young to me. I heard, through our guide, that the perks of the job were that sometimes cute girls would put a paper with their phone number on it, in the guards pocket.
When I noticed how young he was I hoped that he wouldn't be headed off to war. It is a strong possibility.
It's interesting to hear the language spoken in it's "proper" tone. After a few days you start asking for a "spot" of tea or saying, "steady on!"

3 comments:
Anne
That's a great picture of you two. So tell me, did the guard ever call? LMAO!
Sam
It's true! How fast one picks up the accent. Great picture. Margo
You two are beautiful :)
Did you start calling sweaters "jumpers" too?
xoxo
Post a Comment