Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's NOT Spotted Dick!

Bangers and Mash

  

Bangers, Mash, and  jellied eel

Are foods that make me want to squeal.

If you ask what I really prefer

I answer truthfully and hope you concur

I know American food gets a bad rap

but let me do a fast recap

We have the best beef, along with fish

to create a most tasty dish

with salads galore, it's hard to ignore

the choices we have in store.

whether vegetarian or meat eater

life is made all the sweeter

with our ability to create a meal

that's tasty and has eye appeal.

So when planning your dinner

just stick with a winner 

American food has my vote

American food is the one I promote

by......Anne Allen & Vivian Bomersbach/2007 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Poem! And so true. Margo

Anonymous said...

Bangers and mash I am good with - not so sure on the eel! Is it good?

Great poem!! Love it!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Bangers and mash rule!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/