NOTE: 77 sq. feet apartment
OK Mary, You may want to open up a tea and biscuit shop, but look what the property is going for. We stayed in the Mayfair district, across from the park and close to Harrods. Bond St. was like Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills. I always worry about my pottie stops, but on Bond St., no problem. Everybody I met and asked, lived outside of London and took the tube or train into the city to work. There were a lot of young people, a lot of Muslims, Chinese and Indians, with a fair amount of Japanese. It struck me how polite people were. Civil and cordial in fact! The people who worked in the stores we visited were competent and very helpful, whether the question that I asked was about the loo location or the lift (elevator), restaurant recommendations or food questions. I will do a separate entry on foods. NO cold meat pies or spotted dick (I kid you NOT) for me! Another thing I noted was that smack dab in the Muslim section was a synagogue. Below is the ad in the news for this apartment.
A view of the interior of an apartment for sale, in central London, Monday Jan. 22, 2007. A six-meter (77 foot)-square former storage room slightly bigger than a prison cell in the heart of the city's exclusive Knightsbridge neighborhood is now on sale for 170,000 pounds (258,000), and that's before the cost of renovations. (AP Photo/Lefteris Pitarakis) WHO KNEW?

5 comments:
OH MY, the price has gone up.....they advertise it as "fit for a little KING" God, I do love the good ole USA! haaaaaaaaa
I think I don't want to buy that place, LMAO! No spotted dick or the other nasty things they eat over there for me - I would probably starve. Isn't that some sort of pudding with raisins? Sounds like an overall good trip, other than the food!
xoxo
In my next life I wangt to be very, very, very, very wealthy so I can live large in London! Margo
I think it is more like: A little King would have a Fit in there.~Mary
You don't want to put someone like me in a room that small...the wall-bumping would never end!
Jimmy
Post a Comment