
I met some people for a "pop" party this afternoon. Actually it was a "pre-op" party. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory. I had a great salad. Note for everybody: Did you know that most restaurants serve lunch size or reduced size portions if you ask? I had a lunch size salad...plenty of veggies and tasted really good. Oh yeah, there was supposed to be chicken in there too.
The Plaza was the first shopping center in the USA. It's about 20 mintutes away and that is where I met everybody. I don't go out and shop like I use to when I was younger. I have enough! I am blessed to have enought also. Anyway, walking around I noticed several things I want to run by you. Here goes...........
When did they start putting nipples (extremely large ones, I may add) on mannequins? My word, they stood at full attention!
Do restaurants understand what equals a portion? Do we as Americans want to feel like we get a lot for our money?
Who started Christmas in July, anyway?
Who decides on the temperature of all the stores? Hot outside.........cold inside. Don't even go down the grocery store freezer isle. Hey, could this be where the large nipple factor comes in to play?
Why do people always have to be on their cell phones. Oh, I understand the need for them, but please, in the bathroom........give me some privacy. (I had to flush to make my point!)
The handbags I saw looked like I did them in a beginning craft class.
The colors that are poplular are reminders of the 60's. Shoot even the mannequin that had the "pointers" had a tie dyed skirt on with boots. This store is the one that Hallmark Cards owns and has very expensive clothing.
Did you know that some men who take Viagra are now going blind? Gee, was it worth it? Younger men are taking viagra and that was not the intended target, but what the hell.......if there is extra money for a drug company. No, that wasn't noted on my shopping trip. I just threw it in here.
And finally, have you ever thought of how simular a golden parachute and a "golden shower" are?
<<<sigh>>>> That's all Folks!

10 comments:
oh you crack me up!!!!! Didn't their mothers always tell them if they did that they'd go blind????? As for the golden parachutes and showers.... chortle chortle chortle. Come back to DC sometime soon my friend, I miss you. judi
Oh Cheesecake cheesecake...will I ever taste your succulence again?.....
<sigh>
Lovish!
Connie
You are My Sunshine, Pea! All of you, even the warped and twisted parts! I hope you have a grand time and do thing for YOU.
You deserve it!
Much Love,
little pea
YOU SEE IT ALL AT THE MALL! (even BIG NIPPLES)!!!
http://journals.aol.com/cyndygee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee
Next time look at the male mannequins - I noticed some with obvious "packages." When did that start? The nipples have been out for a while, but the packages are fairly new, I think...do you remember the lunch I had at the Cheesecake Factory with you? I ate maybe 20% of it and was totally stuffed. I don't get the huge portion thing, either. Think about your grandma's plates - they were about the size of today's salad plates. Silverware is bigger. Bowls are bigger. I laugh at some dishes I get served meals on - they are troughs and platters!
xoxo
In today's world, even the manniquins have become sexualized..biggie size is the norm..Xmas is all year round, every day of the "I gotta have it" week, the Mad Pricer at the grocery keeps turning up the air, because he's mad and he's a perv...people that need to feel important yak away 24-7 on their cells, even in the toilet...those handbags are the new thing..and they are ugly..the 60's and 70's are back, just like the 50's were in the 70's....go figure...I look horrible in green, orange, and tan...but the designers don't care..men...well, won't they do just about anything for sex...don't get me started....and lastly, I know nothing about parachutes or golden showers..I've never jumped from a plane and I am a virgin...
;) E
Shopping has become "nippleicious?" rich
Nipples?! Viagra?! Golden showers?! Are you on a kinky 2nd honeymoon or something!? lol.
Uh, no, I never thought of how similar the two are - until now that is :o Its getting to the point where even sex isn't sexy anymore. I'm no prude, but I'm flat out tired of all the suggestive moves and costuming that sells everything from hamburgers to sports cars. I can recall my folks saying much the same thing many years ago. Is it that I am the one who has grown less tolerant and more, <gasp> conservative over the years, or is nudity and sexual innuendo rampant all over the place? Paulette
I've missed your writing, friend! I'm finally able to sit at the computer for more than hour without neck/head pain. Even with Dubya in office -- our society continues to more sexualized. It sells. When Batman's costume included nips and a hefty codpiece, I knew there was no turning back.
HONK!
Russ
Post a Comment