Sunday, July 31, 2005

Taking MY Stand

What is your stand on.....

Created by spyndakitrose and taken 22083 times on Bzoink
Click to view users that took this survey

Abortion? I am for a womans right  to chose. Death Penalty? I am against it. I think general population can "take care of" most really awful people. Prostitution? I am for legalization. Let our government be the pimp.Taxes on THIS alone, could pay for health care. Alcohol? It's legal. The problems are there, but so should recovery programs be available. Again, look at the taxes that go to our state government. Marijuana? Legalize it. I tried it once many yerars ago. It was OLD, had seeds and after rolling my own, it looked like a giant herseys kiss. My girlfriend had an adult drink and got buzzed and laughed at us!  (YOU know who you are!) Other drugs? Americas DIRTY little secret. It is robbing  the lives of our youth. The bulk of our prison population are people with minor drug convictions. If you took the money aspect out of this maybe it would help. I do know that just saying "NO" isn't working. Gay marriage? I am for it. I am for human rights. Illegal immigrants? I find it upsetting that illegals get FREE medical care, (WE pay for it) while people who desperately need it are turned away in droves. Smoking? Although it is legal, it has killed too many people I knew and cared for. Drunk driving? Should be dealt with the FIRST time with a big fine and 24hrs in jail with mandatory alcohol program.  If somebody died.....then they go to prison. Cloning? I don't know enough about it..............and neither do "they" Racism? It still exists. My father served as the (bad) example I needed in my life, to try to see people for their value and not their color, gender or religeous background. Premarital sex? Is this question still around? WEll, Ido think 12 and 13 and 14 is still way to young. Religion? I believe in God (higher power) It's church that gives me a problem. It's really funny, because I probably am "in" church more than most of it's members.  I think churches are missing the mark with the community.  There is so much they could be doing to help the community besides telling it's memebers HOW to vote or HOW they should feel about a particular issue. OH and BTW.....my higher power has a great sense of humor. After all, he/she is trying to deal with me.  Wanna make God laugh? Tell him YOUR life plans. The war in Iraq? Get our troops out NOW! Bush? I didn't vote for him. Don't particularly care for him. I think he is really the puppet for Chenny. I loved Colin Powell, but he was smart enough to leave.  Downloading music? Gosh, we can download music????? The legal drinking age? stay the same but enforce it! Porn? Oh Gosh, I saw it years ago....think it's probably changed since then. I think it is also an addiction to many and has destroyed many families. I know that child molesters make movies of their "victims" and post on the internet. THAT IS JUST AWFUL AND WRONG!!!!!! Suicide? iT has affected my family directly. It is so hard on the ones that are left behind. I have to think that the "pain" was so unbearable that the person just wasn't in their right mind.  If somebody threatens it is ALWAYS to be taken seriously. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This did NOT come out like I had orgainized it.........sorry!    Anne

Anonymous said...

I love you...you Liberal, you...

Anonymous said...

this is a very interesting post, and has been in the other blogs as well..... thank you for sharing. judi

Anonymous said...

And a nice stand indeed!  E

Anonymous said...

I Love your answers!  well said!  i'd do this one, but you've got it all covered for me:-)~kbear

Anonymous said...

I did this ant pasted it to the HTML view of the text box, and it came out right, only to change to this when I switched back to tezt, and saved it.  Somehow I then deleted the entry alltogether. >sigh> LOL  Don't feel like doing it all over again.

Anonymous said...

I am guessing that if the FDA today got a request to legalize either alcohol or tobacco they would be turned down flat due to the risks and dangers to human life. Yet they take away ephedra, which is rarely a problem if used appropriately. Anything in high enough dose will kill.

Abortion? I have seen what happens to unwanted children.

Good answers, girl!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Always good to know that one is not alone.  You posted my views entirely down the line.  California's conservatives are on another kick to get a constitutional amendment to state that marriage can only be between a mam and a woman - and they want to roll back any "domestic partner" benefits the state has awarded thus far!  When I was growing up "liberal" was a good word.  The racism and hate mongering that is coming out of the "Christian Right" on almost all social issues leaves me cold.  Do we really want to move backwards?  Paulette

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it was possible for me to adore you more....but this entry puts you up so many points!!  I need to do this survey.  I sure love you, Anne!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

Bravo! I agree with you with a lot of your stance. Some, we can debate forever. I am one who looks at a lot of factors in a given situation and writes a thesis about it...