
I haven't posted in awhile and no particular reason. I think that summer is just not my season. This is the first year that I haven't planted flowers....not one, not in the ground or a pot. I am enjoying the ones that my neighbors have and the ones that come up every year.
We took a trip to Tucson, AZ to visit our newest addition to our family, Isabella, my son Kelly and his wife Megan. It was good to see them and to see with our own eyes that she is doing better everyday. She is up to 9 lbs but still wearing preemie outfits. She is attached to her mother. (it's the breast feeding factor)
I would like for all of you to do a little something for me. Go turn your oven on to the lowest temperature you can.....right around 100 degrees. Stick your head in there and experience DRY heat. Tucson was around 107 to 110 degrees.......dry heat, just like your OVEN. My husband and son decided to play golf one afternoon at 4p.m. (hottest time of the day) They played 18 holes and when it became dark, I called Megan to see if they were in her room. (We stayed at the Marriot at Starr Pass) No, they weren't and the golf club had closed. Soon after that, they came in.....hot, tired and full of stories. But they had golf stories and they sounded to me like this," blah, blah, blah.<insert laughing> blah, blah, blah!" I guess you have to be a golfer.
I brought my bathing suite to take a dip, but guess what? I don't sun, so that left me going down in the early evening when it was shady. The water was HOT......just like the day, so scratch swimming off my list. Time to go to the spa and have my feet scubbed, rubbed and toes painted a pretty shade of pink.
I came back with a summer cold....sore throat which has turned into a stuffy nose. This too shall pass.
No big news here, just thought I would update you. Will be going to Chicago on business in a couple of weeks. I love Chicago. It is the friendliest big city in the USA. We will be staying at a very fine hotel. One, that if I ever ran away from home, that is whereI wish to live. <<<sigh>>>It is very beautiful. We always eat at Gibsons Steakhouse while we are there. It's a great place, where locals gather also. They are known for huge servings and Doc and I know to plate share there. It's a good people watching place too!
Well, that's it for today. Luke, the Wonder Dog is at the groomers, getting his military haircut for the summer. He will sleep good tonight after being in lock up all day.
Keep cool and have a good summer. BLAH, BLAH and more BLAH!

10 comments:
THERE you are....how dare you be doing things that keep you away from updating...more.. ;) about AZ, yes dry heat..ick..I'd have done the spa, too...give me a pedi anyday over slopping around in a warm pool like an oyster cracker in soup...Are you staying at the "W" in ChiTown?...you know that Gibson's is run by the Devil himself don't ya? The Big Cake of the Day is pure evil, so is that banana cream pie...it'll put some jiggle in the bum-bum..it's not for wussies, and it makes the Devil grin.....don't even get me started on their steaks...well I am off to eat my bologna sandwhich...say ten Hail Mary's before and after Gibson's...that should wash away your sins.
:) E
One of my sisters once lived in Tucson ...to call it an oven is being nice. I love Chicago but feel deprived that I have never eaten at Gibsons. Say hey to Oprah for us.
Candace
I'm with you, Summer is not good journal time. rich
Glad to see you back writing in j'land. I've missed you. The only thing worse than 100+ dry heat is 100+ humid heat. I once flew to Houston in June and thought for sure I'd died and landed in hell when I stepped off the airplane. And did those Texas mosquitoes LOVE my tender California skin! Have fun in Chicago. I shall be sweltering in the Sacramento valley, unpacking the boxes which somehow continue to multiply every time I turn my back on them. Glad to hear that Isabella is doing well. Wish we'd have another grandbaby or two, but I think the time has passed. The youngest is now five, the oldest will be 20 at the end of the summer. Hmmm, guess I could start working the "great grandma" angle. :) Paulette
I like Chicago too. You sound like traveling is agreeing with you. If Joe saw me sticking my head in the over I think he would flip.lol
Am I the only person who loves heat and summer?
Enjoy Chicago - I sure had a good time there in October :)
xoxo
"I would like for all of you to do a little something for me. Go turn your oven on to the lowest temperature you can.....right around 100 degrees. Stick your head in there and experience DRY heat. Tucson was around 107 to 110 degrees.......dry heat, just like your OVEN. " You made me burst out laighing with this idea ...it is so hot in Texas a passerby threw out a cigarette and my property went up in flames....no loss...it just left a great scorched spot.Keep
cool in The Windy City...Courtenay http://journals.aol.com/courtenaymphelan/WISDOM
yea Isabella........ I have only flown through Chicago and spent time at the airport... someday I would like to see the city with Virginia as she used to spend time there. Have a blast, so sorry for your cold. xoxoxoxoxoxox Sis, judi
Yes Anne, i do know you're dry heat experience there's nothin like it glad you're back in your cool state~kbear
Glad to hear you finally got to see and hold Bella. I hope everyone is doing wonderfully(!) well. ~Sie
Post a Comment