Favorite things list:
Compari tomotoes....larger than cherry, juicy and flavorful
M&M's dark chocolate
Pond's Clean Sweep cleansing and Make-up removing towlettes
Nutrogena eye make up removal pads
pineapple upside-down cake
rainier cherries.....the yellow ones, SWEET!
Botox (more on that later)
pepper jelly on light cream cheese and crackers
sunblock (the higher % the better)
margarita thin crust pizza
sonic care toothbrush.....how did I ever live without this?
sockeye and king salmon (wild Alaskan fish)
hair color.........blonde of course!
red nail polish (winter and holidays)
pink nail polish (summer)
cetephil moisturizing cream OR lotion (the best for men or women and CHEAP)
A&D ointment (for moisturizing lips.....forget chap stick!)
my current CD's:
Michael Buble'........Call Me Irresponsible and esp. #3. Me and Mrs. Jones
Pink Martini............Hey Eugene (wild and wonderful group)
Eagles...................Greatest Hits
Chris Botti..............To Love Again/Duets
Recently read books:
Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin'
Annie Lamont: Grace (Eventually) Thoughts On Faith
Sara Gruen: Water For Elephants (quirky and deeply satisfying)
Joyce Meyer: Beauty for Ashes
Women of Faith: Contagious Joy
Nora Ephron: I Feel Bad About My Neck (FOR all women over 50)
Elisabeth KuBler-Ross&Daivd Kessler: Life Lessons
The Dangerous Book for Boys (present to my grandson) great book for boys of all ages.....wickedly delightful
BOOKS waiting to be read:
Ball of Fire (Lucille Ball), Stefan Kanfer
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Lisa See
The Inheritance of Loss, Kiran Desai
Bette Davis, Charlotte Chandler
One Thousand White Women....The Journals of May Dodd, Jim Fergust
Brother&Sister, Joanana Trollope
favorite adult beverage: double-goosed, not too sweet, pink Martini (Cosmo),
HOWEVER it is summer now, so I will be switching to Lemon Drop
Martini's.....double goosed of course!
I shall close with my famous song that I wrote the lyrics to last year.
It is sung to the tune of "HOME, HOME on THE RANGE." If Mosie and Sam would play the guitar and the one handed Faux Cowboy Jon, play the piano for me..............................OK, HIT IT!!!!!
OH give me a home
Where the Martini's roam
And the shake R is bright shiny chrome
A lemon you'll squeeze
With the greatest of ease
So it's bet-ter to drink them at home
POUR POUR me some more
I've become a "lemon drop" whore
And if you so choose
Pour loosely the booze
Before I try singing once more.................................................

8 comments:
I think you and I need to hit a Kareoke bar some night. Think about it.
Russ
Hehe. I'm tuning up my guitar now.
Okay, I'm strumming away!
Sam
I love comparis, rainier cherries & salmon. Botox, huh? Where is the entry on that? ;-) ~ Mary
I really, really enjoyed this entry!
Lori
What the heck is all this makeup removal crap??? You don't look like you're wearing any makeup (that's supposed to be a compliment!)
By the way, I saw "The Dangerous Book for Boys" while I was book-shopping at Amazon.com the other night. Heaven knows, I'm already dangerous enough..........
By the way, I'll play the piano for you with BOTH hands (I won't be injured forever). JON
I really enjoy Green Apple martini's, Yummy
Great song! My friend Kathy and I used to sit up until the wee hours playing "Boggle" and drinking Brandy Alexanders, which I made with ice cream and Kahlua (spelling?). The first pitcher was good, the second one GREAT and the third (those few times) ended up being a wee bit too much of a good thing, especially come morning. Paulette
Post a Comment