Monday, April 25, 2005

Getting To Know You!

I'm always late and I'll probably be late to my own funeral, no doubt. (Not that I am even planning on an unforseen early demise or anything.) This reminds me of  Alice and Wonderland, "I'm Late, I'm Late, For a Very Important Date."

I knew where the bar and grill was, kind of. Every direction I turned was the wrong one. Finally with about 15 minutes of searching, I found it. It was important because I was about to meet 4 J-landers that I had only read about. It was a beautiful day, sunny but cool. I walked into the place and boy was it dark. I couldn't see anything. Ya know that feeling you get when you walk into a movie theater late and you have to feel your way to the seats? BUT suddenly, I heard my name and I knew it was going to be a good time.

I met Russ, Sim, Donna and Rachel. Everybody but Sim has a journal. Sim comments in Russes' journal so it's almost like he has one. We were there to celebrate Russell's birthday, belatedly. I sat between Russ and Sim and across from Donna and Rachel. We had a great time talking about blogging and the things we have in common and our differences. I often had mentioned that I would meet Russ at Starbucks, but he dosn't drink coffee and I think he was just a little apprensive. We all live within a 50 mile or so proxsimity from each other. It felt good to laugh and be silly. I enjoyed everybody.

I want to invite you to visit their journals if you get a chance and be able to enjoy their lives and Sim's comments in Russes'. We all lead different lives, but we found mutual interests. For 2 hrs. (where did the time go?) we talked, laughed, cussed and ate the best BLT's anywhere in the Kansas City area.

I've been lucky in life. Really very blessed. I have met several people in J-land and many people in life. The most boring times that I have ever had were with people who were together for the same purpose.....to impress each other, to outdue each other, to say the big impressive words, to tell each other of their perfect worlds (NOT!) and to let others think they were a BIG deal. The best times I have had are with people who are real, right down to the pimple of their butts and hairs on their chinny chin, chins. Life is too short to waste on interacting with people who have adistorted perfect view on THEIR lives and others. Give me a beer or a martini and a group of J-landers anyday. There will be lively conversation, laughs and wonderful memories.  Below you will find the links to their journals. In the meantime.....CHEERS!    

http://journals.aol.com/toonguykc/InnerOuterDemons/entries/1750

http://journals.aol.com/mosie1944/MYCOUNTRYLIFE/entries/816

http://journals.aol.com/fierrorachel/LifeNStuff/entries/801

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

And just WHEN did you see that pimple?  Perhaps the picture of my bulls-eye rash showed more than I realized????   Great to meet you Anne!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember showing you my pimple, either....
I am glad you met more J-landers and had a great time!
xxoox

Anonymous said...

I've read about you guys getting together in the other Journals... It's cool to get everyones perspective on it@
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

I want to say thanks for dropping in on my journal.   Now i have yours to add to my list:-)   You are soooo right about the stigmas out here regarding mental illnesses.  It took a looong time, but i finally acquired a sense of humor about it.   Our illneses is only a 'part' of who we are, we are individuals first!   thanks again   i'll be in touch ~kbear

Anonymous said...

Damn...were there only FIVE of us???  It seemed like we made enough noise for ten people!  LOL!  You were three times as awesome as I imagined -- and I don't give compliments like that too freely.   Russ

Anonymous said...

Well, I certainly enjoyed meeting you! And everyone else, as well! And funerals are always good to be late for; especially one's own!
It really was an awesome experience. I really haven't met anyone in person that I'd "met" on the net before, now that I think about it. It was too cool! I hope we can do it again soon!

Anonymous said...

yea!!!! You are a delight Anne and we are all lucky to know you. a big hug, judi

Anonymous said...

Makes me wish I lived closer to Kansas City!  Sounds like a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

that's so cool that you all have journals, I need to do a search and see if there are any other journalers close to me or even in the same city.

Derek

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you all had fun. I'm glad you had the chance to meet.
Candace

Anonymous said...

Darn you get to have ALL the fun!

Anonymous said...

aww...I have been trying to find YOU..FINALLY!....isn't it true about boring people who try to impress?.....you are so right!..

Gonna go check these new J's!

TY!...E

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time meeting your fellow "nearby" bloggers.  I keep vowing that I am going to get a little more "ballsy" and actual chat with a fellow blogger or two or three sometime.  Paulette

Anonymous said...


What a FUN entry.  That's really cool to be able to meet J-Landers that you have a feeling and strong impression of . . .  and then see their shell.  lol

Someone in the family was mollested by a caregiver's husband.  The fallout is really effecting everybody so badly.  There's counseling, guilt, what-if's, trying to act tough, and  . . .  it's just so sad.

Also, I have started a WILD AND CRAZY journal, I've decided this one isn't crazy ENOUGH . . .  this first entry is LONG, but I promise they will usually be short and sweet.  Well, you be the judge of that!

HAVE FUN!!!