Friday, April 15, 2005

Vanity Plates

Do you think we live in a world of personalized license plates? I have seen so many over the past week. Let's see:

1. LMNSQZR

2. X-FILES (the plates holder said, Trust No One)

3. WOOCUBS

4. WAS HIS

5. GWIZZZZ

6. REDDDDD (on a blue car with a red head driving it)

7. NANATIM

8. 2X2PLAY

11 years ago we decided to get a personized plate. We tried to come up with 7 letters/numbers to convey a message and finally decided on this: O2BNAZ= oh to be in Arizona......I thought it was obvious until I overheard 2 boys eating their ice cream trying to guess what it said. They came up with this: oh 2 be a Natzi.....I just couldn't understand how they came up with that, but they did. Then at a car wash some guy begged me to tell him and I wouldn't until he said, "I know, Oh to be an ass!"  uhhh, NO!!! A painter once said in his own special voice, "Yep, I love them Z cars too!"  So, when it was time to renew the plates I just didn't extend the vanity plate license.

Oh, it could have been worse. As many of you know my husband is a physican. (shhh, he doesn't want anybody to know....really!) His speciality is Dermatology.....skin! So he came up with one and of course I started laughing and wouldn't tell him why. We were in a restaurant and I was practically crying from laughing so hard. I rushed home and asked my boys what they thought of his choice. My oldest son said, "Dad, if I saw that license plate, I would have to pull over to the side of the road I would be laughing so hard. Finally my son said it the way everybody in the world would say it, EXCEPT my serious husband. Here goes, are you ready?  DR4SKIN........................perhaps perfect for a Mohel? Time to run, it's time for my mikvah, the gefilte fish is coming back on me and I am started to shvitz.   SHIKSA---OUT!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! I guess it's one way to make sure the kids and wife never want to borrow the car. : )
Candace

Anonymous said...

Very funny!
Gabreael

Anonymous said...

Dr4Skin - LMAO!! He wasn't thinking, was he? Good thing you were there!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Too funny. That sounds like something my husband would have thought of.

Anonymous said...

That's funny!!  Love it!!!  Does your hubby know that Elidel is now considered to be a cancer-causing?  I'm sure he does...but it's the only thing that works for me.  I can't worry too much because I smoke about two packs a day.  Maybe he knows something better.  I would be glad to be a patient of his as long as you buy me a beer on the 23rd.  ;)   See you soon!    Russ ...(no "4skin"  here)  

Anonymous said...

I am still chuckling over that! Too funny! I love what Candace wrote!!! How true!

Anonymous said...

Oh, LORD! Just tell me--he didn't actually get that plate! If he did. . .I want to see it!
(I've personally never liked vanity plates--my got dad them for me one year for my birthday--but I didn't renew them), but some are really funny--and it's kinda fun trying to figure out what they mean!
But DR4SKIN really takes the, um, cake?!

Anonymous said...


Okay.  My sides are hurting.

Several years ago, I wanted something really cool and cutes for my little white Jeep.  I told my guy to do something nifty life Jeepers even Jeep-urs, if Jeepers was actually taken.

He purchased a plate for me that said:

                                                         JEEPOURS

Now, that's clever.  Yep.  

http://journals.aol.com/cyndygeee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee/entries/994/

Anonymous said...

)

Anonymous said...

oh!!!!!!!!! That is so darn funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You crack me up!!!!! (and so does your hubby.) judi

Anonymous said...

Truly a riot!  Being relatively new to cyber space, I find that the web lingo had me scratching my head a time or two.  I can certainly see why plates are misinterpreted!  Won't stop laughing the next time I see one after this!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous said...

Vanity plates are kinda like screen names.   Some go right over my head... but even I say the problem with Dr4skin.  lol.  pass me a banana pleaseandthankyou.

Anonymous said...

OMG bahahahahahha- Thanks for this story. And welcome back to Aaahhhs ~Sooz

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing to write ! Thats The greats plate should get a patent on it ! Thanx again!