Wednesday, April 27, 2005

VERY IMPRORTANT INFORMATION

I was watching court tv the other day and I can't remember what program was on, but at the end they had a website you could visit to get a link to the website in your state to view the sex offenders in your area. I went there and boy did I get a surprise. There are 6 in my zip code and 1 within a short walking distance, by a park. It matters not what KIND or TYPE of neighborhood you live in....they are everywhere.

Here's the deal. I don't think people know how to do this. I have lost the website link that I used to get to my state BUT you can do this to get to yours.  I went to www.askjeeves.com  and typed in "sex offenders" then it came up, but you had an arrow to push down to direct you to your state. Then you press go and it will take you to your state and from there follow the directions.

We all think that we keep a watchful eye on our children, grandkids and neighborhood kids, but in reality it's the young man or the older gentleman that COULD BE your neighbor. In one case there was a woman. These are all people who have been convicted, served time and have to register. It also listed their crime.

PLEASE, I urge all of you who have kids or even if you don't have kids.....know where these people live and educate yourselves and your loved ones in the manner YOU feel approiate to where they live and what they look like. I will guarantee you that it doesn't matter where you live, there will be one in YOUR zipcode. 

Let's be careful out there. Our children and teenagers are so precious.

Blessings to all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting that info! I have already visited that site that list sex offenders in my area, and guess what? There was a young man on there that goes to my church. His whole family goes to my church! Imagine my surprise. It was for statutory rape. I am thankful that the government publishes that kind of info for us all to see. It IS a good idea for everyone  who has children, especially, to go to the site and view the photos and names of these sex offenders. Anything we can do to protect our little ones is smart parenting. Thank you again!
Stace

Anonymous said...

OK, this is gettin' a little TOO Weird!  I was surfing this afternoon before I went to class, and somehow I would up at a sex offender site. I put in my zip code , and BAM!  I didn't think people actually still got charged with "Buggery".

Dang.

We didn't discuss sex offenders early in the day, did we? I don't think so.

How bizarre.

xoxoxo
andi

Anonymous said...

I have five of them within a ten block radius.  Who knew there were so many pervs in our little suburb?  I suggest everybody get a German Shepherd with very sharp teeth!!    Russ

Anonymous said...

This is invaluable info.. thank you

Anonymous said...

One of the best things that ever happened was the registry of sex offenders. They are everywhere.... at your grocery store, in your church. It pays to be aware, and in my opinion offenders do not deserve anonymity. Great entry Anne... lots of hugs today. judi

Anonymous said...

Our laws don't adequately take into account that sex offenders are most likely to get out of prison and reoffend.  It matters little if a "first time" offender commited "little" acts or huge acts, the law dictates the minimum and maximum sentences which can be imposed on a "first-time" felon, sex offenders included.  Somehow we need to rework the laws to take into account the probability of recivitism and not allow sexual predators out in the population again.

I have worked with several sex offenders over the years, to my knowledge only one has reoffended and he hung himself shortly thereafter.  I guess the therapy worked if he felt enough "for" his victim that he chose not to live rather than continue offending.  On the other hand, I think that it is the exception to the rule that sex offenders can be fixed.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Jeeves rock?.....thanks for that info...I have looked at our registry and I do so every few months...we can't be too safe.

E