Today is the day all right. Today we celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary together. We both still have our hair, although a little grayer for him, a little blonder for me. We both still have our minds and put them together and we would be the perfect Jepordy contestant. We have our health, we just have learned to "manage" it! We both have "deaf ears" when the other is in a bad mood and "good ears" when we need to be listened to. We both have an incredible sense of humor. Our eyesight is so good that we are not able to see the aging process. (Oh my, now that truely takes a sense of humor!) I'm a little bit blues/jazz and he is a little bit rockn'roll. We have been through the good, bad and VERY ugly parts of life. We lived through the Vietnam war, in poverty with a child. I survived his 8 yrs of extended educatation. We survived our childrens' illnesses, mental and physical. We now sometimes can finish each others sentences or know what the other one is thinking. We have both told people that we are staying together for the sake of the dog. (it's the humor thing again.) We both know that we will ALWAYS be there for the other in sickness and in health and JUST BECAUSE. And they said it wouldn't last. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I love this song and below are the words, I think it sums it up pretty well.
YOU'RE STILL THE ONE Looks like we made it Bridge: Chorus: Ain't nothin' better (Bridge) I'm so glad we made it
Written by Twain/Lange
(When I first saw you, I saw love. And the
first time you touched me, I felt love. And
after all this time, you're still the one I love.)
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday
They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holing on
We're still together still going strong
(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'
(Chorus)
(Chorus)
Look how far we've come my baby

20 comments:
Aww......HAPPY 36 YEARS TOGETHER!...that's awesome...don't stay out too late tonight parTAYING......hehehhe...have fun!
E
Congratulations! It'll be 39 years for me and Cliff in June. And we truly didn't have a chance of making it... but here we are. We read one anothers' minds, too.
Happy anniversary! How wonderful! I love it when couples beat the odds! My in-laws just celebrated 40 years and we made this incredible DVD for them with pictures. A video montage-put a bug in your kids ears for 4 years frim now!!! Have a great evening!!
Happy anniversary. I hope he feels the same way. (snicker) Going to celebrate? Maybe a nice fruit basket? ~Sie
Omigosh, I just can't believe it has been 36 years. That makes my heart go faint! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Linda
You know, I read an entry such as this, and now I know why I keep trying! It'd be so nice to read something like this about myself, from someone like you. I'm so happy you have something worth cherishing, and that you're wise enough to know that you do.
Jimmy
Happy Anniversary & Congratulations.. YOu know, it sometimes seems to me that the ones 'who will never make it' stay together longer than some of those 'perfect couples'! Enjoy!!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
Congratulations!
Peace, Virginia
36 years!!!!!! Congratulations to you both. I have only met 1/2 of the team so far, but I know that you both are amazing, loving souls and I am so glad to have made this acquaintence with you. Lots of love and luck, and here is to another (at least) 36 years. with my love, judi
Congratulations! that's pretty awesome. Hope I have the same one day, once i get married, lol:-)~kbear
Oh, Anne! Happy Anniversary to you both! May you share many more years of love.
Happy Anniversary!!!
xoxo
Wow Anne! Thats great!
Happy Anniversary to you both!
Connie
Be sure to remind Doc Holiday how lucky he is to have you! Congrats! HONK! Russ
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL ENTRY CONGRATULATIONS! I ADMIRE YOU SO MUCH I HAVE NEVER HEARD THIS EXPRESSION BEFOR BUT IT REALLY SUMS UP WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A PARENT OR A SPOUSE : "We both have "deaf ears" when the other is in a bad mood and "good ears" when we need to be listened to. We both have an incredible sense of humor."THANKS FOR SHARING COURTENAYMPHELAN http://jourrnals.aol.com/courtenaymphelan/RAMBLINROSE/
Happy Happy Anniversary!
~ www.jerseygirljournal.com
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO BOTH OF YOU! 36 years is no cake walk and you deserve all the praises reaped upon you. I think the difference between us "long married's" and many that do not last is that we are willing to compromise. Of course, humor helps a LOT, along with the deaf ear, blind eye and commitment to make it work. When Ernie and I married failure was not something either of us was willing to give in too, despite our May/December relationship. 44 years later I'm glad we toughed out the rough spots and didn't run in opposite directions. Paulette
I hope ya'll had a wonderful day together. 36 years ain't for the faint of heart.
Much Love and Best Wishes,
Andi and The Gerbies
Congratulations to you both. Now if I could get past 36 days...
Happy happy day!
Candace
Post a Comment