Aren't we all survivors?
We survive
the day
the past
this minute
our childhood
our birth
our vacation
ridicule
wrath
pain
problems
love
sadness
reunions
complications
challenges
injuries
thoughtlessness
anger
embarrassment
illness
and yet we go on, sometimes to repeat these but always
dertermined to add to the list.

10 comments:
You are right on with that!
Connie
so true.
kathy
Yes...sometimes it feels like we have to survive surviving...
~meg
Indeed! indeed! indeed! Amen!~kbear
You are soooooo right!!
Pam
I love the word "survivor", it has a great ring to it. When I worked with my AMAC group no one was permitted to refer to themselves as a "victim", but only as a survivor of... Pretty powerful stuff. Paulette
When I'm feeling really, REALLY depressed -- I just say "Make it one more week." and then I do. And then one more. And so on. I have to keep my shit together for my family's sake. We survive. Come home soon, Anne.
Russ
Yes, Anne, we are all survivors in some form or another. You are making us think deep with these last two entries. Good for you! We all need a wake-up call from time to time.
Sam
We endure joy, too :)
xoxo
TEENAGERS!! And our own adolescence
Post a Comment