Thursday, May 18, 2006

So much for HIGHER education!

Too much tequila last night. 
Taking Chickens To New Heights

U.S. scientists recently built a device to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners and military jets. (I kid you not!) The idea of launching dead chickens at high speed was to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne poultry in order to test the strength of windshields.

British engineers heard about the device and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high-speed trains. SO after the engineers made the proper arrangements, they tested the new apparatus. But when the engineers fired it, they stood shocked (cupping their balls, no doubt!) as the chicken hurtled out of the device, blasted into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, crashed through the control console, snapped the engineer's backrest in two, and embedded itself in the back of the cabin.

Horrified, the British engineers sent the scientists the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the U. S. scientists for suggestions. The scientists' response was just one sentence. "Thaw the chicken."

<<<<sigh>>>>MEN!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how engineers think :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yes .... thawing would be a wise idea.  I haven't yet been confronted by a frozen chicken flying anywhere, let alone aiming for a window.  Duh !! lol   Tina

Anonymous said...

Is this TRUE???  OMG I laughed when I read this!!!  And how much do these guys get PAID $$$????
Pamela

Anonymous said...

It's called "bird strike".


Please don't ask me how or why I know that little tidbit.


lp

Anonymous said...

Too funny.  I can tell I'm gong to have another difficult-to-get-to-sleep night.  Each time my eyes drift closed I am going to be rewarded with a vision of frozen chickens hurtling through the air and crashing through glass - and I'll laugh out loud.  (Fargo won't sleep so well either then).  Thanks for the chuckle. Paulette

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the WKRP episode where they dropped live turkeys from a helicopter.  "God as my witness -- I thought turkeys could fly!"

Russ

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the story about NASA spending a couple of million for te development a ballpoint pen that would write in space.  The Russians came up with a simpler, less expensive solution-- use a pencil.   Mrs. L