Thursday, May 25, 2006

When Life gives you lemons.

 

Help me.......send help immediately, I have just discovered lemon drop martinis.  I feel a song comin' on......sung to the tune of "Home On The Range."

OH give me a home

Where the Martinis roam

And the shake R is bright shiny chrome 

A lemon you'll squeeze

With the greatest of ease

So it's better to drink them at home

POUR POUR me some more

I've become a "lemon drop" whore

And if you so choose

Pour loosely the booze

Before I try singing once more.................................................

                                                       heeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

                                                                         

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Too funny! I will have to get child to make me one of those! If it makes me sing, though, I will get thrown out.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I've never tried the lemon drop martini...and after "hearing" you sing, I think I'll stick to pineapple. : )
Candace

Anonymous said...

I can't do martini's!  I'm a drinker not a sipper!!  3.2 beer is all I can handle with that.  Glad to have you back!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

SOT.


Love the song...has anyone else actually sung it to you?


lp

Anonymous said...

    After hearing that delightful ditty, I am determined to find me one of those tasty concoctions.  Mmmmm..... pucker up !!    Tina

Anonymous said...

I love it!  And I'll be singing it in my sleep for sure!  Lemon drop martinis.  Hmmm, might actually be a flavor I could stand.  I can recall years ago wanting to be "sophisticated" and ordering a martini.  I ordered them wet, dry, stirred, shaken, frozen, on ice, "neat" and every other way a martini could be ordered.  The ONLY way I could tolerate one was to sip drink, quickly take bite of mashed potatoes and gravy.  Not very sophisticated.  Turns out I'm a whiskey fan, not a gin fan.  But "lemon drop", that has real possibilities.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Put down the remote and step away from the Oprah show. No one wants to see anyone get hurt here. Just step back slowly and let us see your hands.

DROP THE MARTINI GLASS !!!

Anonymous said...

Lemon drop martinis  OH MY   Glad to be reading again! Don't trip.  - Mary