Baring It All......
The Victorian cure for flabby breasts was a bath in fresh strawberries. (could they be chocolate dipped?)
In the eighteenth century, baring ones's bosoms was considered racy. But what to do about all those oil paintings in the family gallery of buxom 17th century relatives? Why, have a painter come in and paint a big handkerchief over the bosoms.
"If I hadn't had them, I would have had some made." Dolly Parton on her sizable assets
Humans are the only mammals whose breasts are prominent throughout their lives. In all other mammals, breasts are flat except during pregnancy and lactation. (Mine have headed south for the long winter)
We've all heard of the dangers of breast implants. But what about their hidden benefits? I am referring to the story of a toples dancer,whose breast implants actually saved her life when she was shot in the chest by a disgruntled lover. Bystanders thought she was dead, but she was able to get up and walk away under her own steam; the silicone stopped the bullet.
The IRS has allowed female exotic dancers to list thier breasts as business assets. (can you believe this? I wish they could do the same for my ass.)
The most famous case was of a woman who was allowed to deduct $2,080.00 each year for depreciation of her artificially enhanced busom because, she said, she had done the enhancement purely for business purposes.
Betsey Johnson had one of her breast implants deflate on her one day. "The longer I loooked at my flat-chested side, "she told a writer for the San Francisco Chronicle, "the better it looked. I felt fate had sent me a message, so I had both implants removed."
I have generally found that most women complaint about their breasts, size, shape, droop, etc. I have decided that I am just grateful to have them no matter what size or shape they are in. Oh they had lots of power when they were younger, but alas they are growing older with me.
This is a reminder.....go have a mamogram this month, or soon. Be glad no matter what their size is and that you are alive and able to read this. God is good! Signing off, Anne

4 comments:
Thanks for the reminder. I am due this month for mammogram! Cute entry! xoxo
great entry!!!!! hugs, judi
My cups runneth over.
And I know about that heading
south thing. Mine did that a long
time ago...LOL
-Connie
Great entry. I'll have to call my doctor soon. Thanks. Margo
Post a Comment