I am not a crier. I think it may have something to do with childhood, getting spanked even harder, IF I cried. Well, I have decided that it is OK to cry, sometimes it even feels good. Although I will never be a person that cries at the "ordinary," I have been known to tear up on occasion. This past year has brought me to me knees. So, these past days I have thought what makes me flat- out cry. Not all of these things are bad or sad, some are happy.They are not in any particular order. So here goes, here is my list:
1. My fathers childhood
2. My mothers childhood
3. The smell of an old Christmas polmander (reminds me of the kids when they were little)
4. The death of my first dog, Raisin
5. The smell of my mother's fried chicken
6. The thought of what my grandchildren are going through with their parents divorce and illnesses'
7. My friend Vivian and the suffering she and her husband have endured in the last few years.
8. Mental illness, the familes who suffer along with the people who have them.
9. Leota May Thompson, my grandmother, 1902-1999
10. My son, Kelly and his wife, Megan.....their wedding video
11. My inability to conquer depression......but thank GOD for medicine
12. My son Matt, and what he had to overcome to get where he is today.
13. My son Kelly and his sobriety
14. The sight of a yellow school bus in September
15. The song: Vincent.......Don McClean, about suicide
16. The song: Calling All Angels, by Jane Seibery and K.D. Lang
17. The song: Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?....Rod Stewart
18. The love of my husband, Jim......we have surely come a long way in our 35+ years.
19. A picture that my son Kelly drew when he was in the second grade, entitled, Red Bird Sky.
20. Thanksgiving
OK, I got through that......no wonder I don't think of all these things often. So pour me another glass of "whine" and tell me, just what makes you cry?

4 comments:
I'll have to think about it long and hard. I try so hard not to cry about things....like reading Jukebox Womans entries about her son leaving home for the first time reminds me that my daughter is 50 miles away and I miss her so much....my father looking at me across the table and asking me, "Are you Kitty" who is my sister......scared something terrible will happen to Mom...when I think about how betrayed I was once not so long ago...those silly commercials on tv that strike a cord...everytime I see Seabisquit beat War Admiral in the movie.....the first time I heard "N-17" I just broke down and cried...I could not tell you why, it just happened. Thats just scratching the surface.
I so rarely cry. There were a few cases, when I did Protective Services, that I handled as routine, then when I left, I had to pull over and cry. But it didn't happen often. For me, crying is usually pent up anger or frustration that I just can't let out any other way. I have never cried at a movie or during a song. I guess I am a cold bitch, lol. My favorite whine is, "I want to go to Flooorriddaaa..." oxox
I too was spanked harder if I cried as a child...... to the point of being beaten. I learned to show little emotion... which is funny considering I am a passionate person.
Now there are lots of things that make me cry....... thinking of my kids, Christmas decorations, certain music or movies, some of the kindnesses that Virginia shows me.
I show all my emotions now..... whatever they are. I really appreciated this entry, Ann...... judi
Everything makes me cry. I'm the official family weeper. I just can't help it. I'm leaky. However, I frequently laugh while I'm crying, so that has to count for something.
Post a Comment