Monday, September 13, 2004

Dog is my Co-Pilot

I couldn't find my checkbook and I spent a couple of hours looking for it. Although I stayed calm, I knew it wasn't in the house. I have been known to misplace keys, hairbrushes, pencils, pens and even glasses, but a checkbook with a new group of checks in it, is something that I keep in my purse at all times. I called the bank to find out if any strange checks or sums of money had been taken out of my account. I do know that I had my checkbook on Friday and remember the last check and check number I wrote. The bank was totally useless. The man could not tell me check #'s or who  the checks were written to, only different monetary amounts. I told him I would look for the checkbook some more before I decided to close out the account.

      I then decided to call Costco, the last store I had visited and written a check. I knew the odds of it being turned in, were right up there with my dog, Luke, being elected President. When the man came back on the phone and told me they had it and it was under lock and key, I had to ask him to repeat it! How could this be? Are there people in the world that are honest and trustworthy? The answer is YES! I don't know who turned it in and and I will never know. I think they said it was found in the parking lot. I hope the person is blessed tenfold. Their act of kindness is making me dance with joy! Iam even considering trying the moonwalk once again, sans the purple socks.

    I don't know WHO you are considering voting for in this election, but my dog Luke, stands a darn good chance in this world of lost check books being found.   Signing Off, Anne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for Luke, if he were only on my ballot. If he brings ANY luck in the world of finances, we might be better off! Margo

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I remember when they used to write in:SNOOPY for President.....Anne

Anonymous said...

Luke for President. He's got my vote.

Anonymous said...

I would vote for Luke. No dog ever started a war.   xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yep, good people still exist.  
What a great story!
-Connie