Yes, this weekend was busy, too busy. My grandkids and son were here. We clelebrated Dominicks 9th birthday. (Oh, to be 9 yrs. old again!) I made cupcakes for him. I just love cupcakes as they are the perfect amount of cake to eat. I made them for my kids when they were little. We went to his favorite restaurant, Joe's Crab Shack and indeed, he did have crab. I ordered calamari for an appitizer. I figured if it was fried, most people would try it. He did, along with his brother, Patrick, and sister, Sedona. I then told him what calamari was.....octopus, and he said: "NO WAY" but kept right on eating it. I am sure he thought that I was teasing him. After dinner, the waitresses lined up and asked if they could give him a birthday kiss. (Sidebar....my husband is now planning his birthday there) He told them yes, while his brother teased him. In just a few years he will hope they still do that!
I was in such a hurry this weekend. There was just simply too much to do. I made the cupcakes and had to wash and dry my hair before the kids got here. I was running around like the southern expression, "a chiken with it's head cut off."....YUCK, when I passed in front of the mirror. Yikes! I looked and there was a old lady with roseasa, a big red nose, hair that looked like hurricane Fances had taken its toll with, still in my pajamas, the Sams Club magnifier glasses perched on top of my head and suddenly I realized how wonderful my husband is. I used to feel so hurt in our younger years when he didn't notice anything I did or how I looked. NOW, I do realize just what a blessing that is. He looked at me and said, "Well, are you ready to go?" I didn't even respond, only rushed back into the bedroom and finished putting myself together.
A few years ago, we had terrible weather and the tornado sirens were going off. We live in the land of Oz. I had my clothes on, my purse in hand, along with the flashlight, and our bankbook, picture albumns, candles, matches, water and radio. I ask my husband, "Are you ready?" He was buck naked and was brushing his teeth. I observed the magnets duct taped to his neck.....magnet therapy was big then and his neck was killing him...but duct tape? His answer was YES, he was ready to go to the shelter. I just shook my head and said it would be rather easy to identify his body. It would be the one where the body was slammed into a tree like a missile, just the duct taped magnets would be the mark of identification. This is a man who duct taped the rip in his mercedes convertible top, on the outside! Well I need to tell you that he is a man with an IQ that is off the charts and I have the nornal IQ. I think we truly need each other for balance.
In closing I will remind people that just like the song, sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug! Signing Off, Anne

7 comments:
I thought calamari was squid? I love Joe's Crab Shack!
Rest easy Suzy - it is squid. She was just "funnin'" the kid.
I FOUND THE DIFFERENCE - WHICH SEEMS TO NOT BE THAT MUCH! I only put in the first sentences of each description....after than, it gets boring.
================================================================
1. Squid are mollusks like clams and oysters but they have no shells on the outside of their bodies!
2. Octopus are mollusks like squid.
This is a delightful entry! I really like your husband. Sounds like a keeper.
Oh Anne....
I don't know if I will get the duct tape and magnets image out of my head today.... I am still chuckling!
Enjoyed our conversation yesterday..... ain't life grand?
hugs to you,
judi
Nice entry. I love your Journal. Funny how people are so different. I've always been careful not to take my wife for granted and complement her often, and she's not unappreciative, but she doesn't care whether I notice her or not.
Oh, you made me giggle. I'm married to a man who doesn't notice what I look like if I spend all day getting ready or any other time. It's definitely a mixed blessing.
Post a Comment