
This is my friend Vivian and today is her birthday. This picture was taken a on July 4th, last year. She made the cobbler in front of her. She is known for her wonderful pies, her love of children, her kindness to others, her ability to make people laugh, her many collections, the uncanny knack to always say the wrong thing at funerals, her ability to do anything and everything on the computer, being able to teach people technical things, being a wonderful vacation mate, driving to and from Arizona together and many more things.
I met Vivian over 25 years ago when we moved next door to her. My air conditioner had just gone out the day after we moved into our new house. I knew that her husbands company had installed the unit and I went to her house and told her about the a/c not cooling. She looked at me and asked me if the thermostat was turned to "air" I was young and polite then and just looked at her and said, "Yes, that much I do know how to do!" We have been best friends ever since.
She is the kind of friend that you can tell the very best secrets to and also the worst things that could ever happen to you and everything you said, would be SAFE. She is a once-in-a-lifetime friend and I am forever grateful.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIVIAN................and many more.

12 comments:
Give Vivian a great big Happy Birthday wish from me too. It is really wonderul to have such friends as both of you seem to be. Paulette
Happy Birthday Vivian! She looks like such a happy person!
~~Kath~~
Hey, I just started a diet, and I gained 200 calories just LOOKING at that cobbler. Anybody that can make a cobbler that looks like that is surely a great cook.
Happy Birthday Vivian! What a smile! I bet she lights up the room when she enters it.
The cobbler looks delicious!
What a joy to have a friend like her :)
betty
Happy Birthday to Vivian! What a great smile, and a great friend!
xoxo
Thanks, Anne. I had intended to keep this one secret - 3 score and 10 - but it snook past. I am baking myself an applesauce cake with caramel nut frosting. My husband said, "Get yourself anything you want", and that is what I wanted! Yes, it's true...you finally get to where you begin telling yourself, "what, me worry....none of my ancestors had high cholesterol, and I am safe!" It's a wonderful age!
Happy Birthday to Vivian, and blessings on your long friendship. Margo
It's friends like that, that make life rich. Happy Birthday to Vivian. ~Sie
She seems like the kind of person who would be a total blast to hang out with!! Happy birthday, Vivian!!
Russ
Hello Anne. My name is Rhianna and I have been lurking here for about 2 weeks. Thought I'd finally introduce myself. Well happy belated bday Vivian!
Rhianna
Happy Birthday Vivian! You sure can pick em'!
:)
andi
Vivian looks such a kind and happy person, pass on my Best Wishes to her please?
Friends like that are to be cherished.
Sylvia xx
Post a Comment