Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Pack up the Babies and Grab the Ole Ladies

 

Senior Citizen Discount

It finally happened to me yesterday. I had to run to the grocery for a couple of things and was in a rush. The fresh young girl that was the clerk, looked at me (right in the eye) and asked if I would like my senior citizen discount.  <<<sigh>>>

What's worse?  I said, "YES!"

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take comfort in knowing they are trained to ask anyone over 30...and remember how old 30 was at that age? You should have asked her if her parents were going to pick her up after work so she didn't miss curfew.
Candace

Anonymous said...

You have made my day - thanks for the laugh. Take care.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Got to save the money as you can! My husband, age 52, joined AARP the other month and got me a spouse membership in it. I'm just barely going to be 48 soon. Actually, I can't wait to get to 55 to be able to order off the seniors menu at some restaurants.

betty

Anonymous said...

I always figure they think I'm 120+ so I never refuse, even though most things around here are 62 or 65. Being ONLY 60 makes me a semi cheater, BUT, I just claim I'm having a "Senior Moment!!" rich

Anonymous said...

I'll take a discount any way I can get it! LOL  (Few more years before I can answer yes, though!)
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't touch that with a 10-ft pole.  Love ya' Pea.

;)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps senior citizen discounts should require the shopper to request them so no clerks get hurt?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's great is't it!  It does annoy me when they just about insist that I have "hel" with the bags though.  Why in blazes cant they do something really useful and come home and put the stuff away for me!  Paulete

Anonymous said...

You wanna hear something really funny?
My sister has naturally gray hair.  It's
beautiful, and she wouldnt color it for
anything.  My Mom on the other hand
hates gray hair, and has always colored
hers.  They were at a Hardee's resteraunt
one morning and they offered the senior
discount to my sister and not my 75 yr
old Mother!  LMAO
Connie

Anonymous said...

I always say yes, I'll take any discount offered! Margo

Anonymous said...

A penny saved is....  girl's day out money!  ~Sie  

Anonymous said...

LOL That reminds me of my late grandmother's experience on the bus, she never learned how to drive, but that never stoped her from going any where, but she was away from riding the buses for a while, and when she DID ride one, the bus driver asked her if she had her senior citizen card, and she blert's out, "I'm no
senior citizen"! And I'm like, "but gram-you ARE!' She used it every time after that; I know I'm getting old when the young folk hold the door for me, while calling me Mom! ~Diane~  http://journals.aol.com/dizarra/StorysFromtheCityTalesFromtheSea/--

Anonymous said...

Well, they stopped asking for my ID a long time ago--and I can't wait for the discount! Though the fresh young thing probably had bad colored contacts in her eyes when she asked you that! I can't imagine! (but good for you to take advantage of the situation!).