It is the rain storm that I seek
It is in the memory of my youth
The horse barn, the smell of hay and the pouring rain
The sound the horses made, quietly observing
It was my time, ripe with desire, knowing that everything was just right in the world, if only for these brief moments
Over much too quickly,
Never forgotten
Always remembered when a spring rain storm sweeps in and over and through.
It is the rain storm that I seek
To reclaim my youth all over again
To remember the passion and the lust of desire
To smell the rain
To remember the touch
To remember the kisses
To remember the ackwardness of youth
To claim my youth all over again
It is the rain storm that I seek


8 comments:
Beautiful!!!~kbear
I hear we're supposed to have some major rain over the next 24 hours --- fine by me. I'm off work until next week and I hope a torrential downpur greets all the I35 commuters tomorrow morning!! haha (I'm evil)
Honk,
Russ
Anne
You reveal yet another talent to us. This is a lovely poem and a sentiment that I share. Ah, for the days of youth and those electric feeelings.
Sam
Truly Beautiful ~ Mary
Hm, I scrolled down to see who wrote this lovely poem - and it's ANNE! Great job, young lady! I love rain and storms, too :)
xoxo
Beautiful. Thank you. Margo
Thanks for the poem. I like the thunder storms, with lots of lightning and crackling. Once in ND there was a "lightning shower". For over two hours, from about 12:30 until after 2:00 am the lightning was so thick that there would be occasional flashes of darkness. The rest of the time if was as light as midday. You could feel the ozone in the air and all body hair stood at attention. When the lightnin rod in the yard got "hit" it made a huge "kabloom" sound. I truly was glad to be indoors and now talking on the phone or sitting in front of the window. Paulette
Ah, beautiful sentiment from my youthful friend! Er, friend of my youth! Er.... Well, you know. Love ya! Linda
Post a Comment