Tuesday, May 1, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WONDER DOG

Today marks Luke's birthday. He has been my dog for 8 years. He was adopted from a shelter in Meriam, KS, called Animal Haven.  He was picked up on the street in pouring rain. Nobody came to claim him.  It was the luckiest day of my life and I hope his too.  He was afraid of everybody and everything when we got him. I think his fear was justified.  I am almost positive that he had been abused in his former life.  He was most likely 4 or 5+ years when we adopted him.

I am getting ready to take him to the VET today for his yearly check up and shots.  He hasn't been himself for many months. I don't know if it is his age or if something is wrong. There are indications that his system isn't doing well.   Hope I am an overly protective MOM, but keep your fingers (and toes) crossed.  Later, Anne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending up prayers for THE Wonder Dog!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

It's hard when the furkids start getting a little age on them. I have my fingers crossed that Luke is just slowing down a little!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind/
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful dog!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Luke!

Anonymous said...

Hugs to Luke the Wonder Dog and to his mom, too! Happy Birthday, Luke!

I am also hoping he is just feeling a little age and will be just fine :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!!   my fingers are crossed   let us know how all went~kbear

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Luke the Wonder Dog!  May you have many, many more!  Anne let us know what the Vet has to say about this fine animal.  He looks like a great companion.
Sam